Deborah L. Hobart
Blue Water Capital Management, LLC
Fee-Only financial advisor in Apex, NC, serving clients in the Triangle and across the country.
Deborah L Hobart is an Apex, NC fee-only financial planner. Blue Water Capital Management, LLC provides comprehensive financial planning, retirement planning and investment management to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Deborah L. Hobart is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Deborah Hobart, CPA is a Financial Advisor at Blue Water Capital Management, LLC and has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. She earned her BS in Accounting at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA in 1996 and holds CPA licenses in the State of VA (1996) and NC (2018).
She began her career in the field of accounting and has experience in a variety of areas including budgeting, forecasting, income tax preparation, and cash management. She has also worked at several Fortune 500 companies in a number of industries including Real Estate, Debt / Securities, and Manufacturing. Although she worked in the accounting field, she was always interested in finance and spent free time reading about personal finance, investing, and estate planning. As she has always enjoyed helping people, she decided to focus her career on financial advising in a fiduciary capacity.
- She is currently working on earning the CERTIFIED FINANCAIL PLANNER ™ designation and has recently passed the CFP exam. She is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Apex Chamber of Commerce. She also writes articles on investing topics for the Apex Suburban Living magazine. Debbie lives in Apex, NC and enjoys spending time with her family and traveling. Her favorite hobby is horseback riding.
Deborah L. Hobart is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
The Blue Water Team
Blue Water Capital Management, LLC was founded in 2003 and built around a vision of acting in clients' best interests, constantly pursuing 'best practices', and providing exceptional service at a reasonable cost. We proudly serve Apex, Holly Springs, Cary, Fuquay Varina, Raleigh, and the Greater Triangle area.
We are professional, fiduciary financial advisors who enjoy working for you, not Wall Street.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Deborah L. Hobart is a NAPFA Associate Member
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Deborah L. Hobart is a Certified Public Accountant (Learn More)
Certified Public Accountants are licensed by the state and authorized by the state to practice public or private accounting. CPA licensing requirements are state specific, but typically include a bachelors degree with additional accounting coursework, successful completion of the Uniform CPA Exam, work experience, successful completion of an approved ethics course, and ongoing continuing education.
Contact Deborah L. Hobart
315 S. Salem Street
Apex, NC 27502