CFP®, AIF®, CSLP®
CFP®, AIF®, CSLP®
As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Dennis McNamara, CFP®, AIF®, CSLP®
Fee-Only financial planner located in Red Bank, NJ, serving clients locally and across the country
Dennis McNamara is a Red Bank, NJ fee-only financial planner. wHealth Advisor provides ongoing financial planning as well as financial wellness reviews to help medical professionals and law, tech, finance, and academic professionals aged 30-75 organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Dennis McNamara is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Dennis McNamara, CFP®, AIF®, CSLP® is the co-founder and fee-only financial advisor at wHealth Advisors located in Red Bank, NJ.
During my first semester at Rutgers University, I met my girlfriend (now wife), Arabelle. Flash forward to graduation and Arabelle had committed to her next endeavor: dental school. As for me, I was out of gas. For the prior two years I worked over 30 hours a week as a financial analyst, catered events on the weekends, and pursued a triple major in finance, economics, and management (note to self: life is a marathon, not a sprint!). Unsure of my path forward, and a bit fatigued, I decided it was time for a change.
After learning that I could offer my physical labor on organic farms and grassroot sustainability projects in exchange for room and board, a six-week sabbatical was extended to nearly twelve months. While in Costa Rica, I lived and worked with a coffee farmer who, seemingly immune to life’s stresses, shared a quote: “Un dia mas, un dia menos” or, “One day more, one day less.” This quote stuck with me. Once home, I committed myself to a life of contentment, to living in the present, and to valuing my work (not my job).
In the years that followed I served as the US director of business development for a social enterprise firm, a financial analyst and planner for the ultra-high net worth clients of Ayco (the private wealth management group of Goldman Sachs), and as a financial planner at a top-ranked financial planning firm here in NJ.
Today, as a founder of wHealth Advisors, I find immense fulfillment in knowing that we use our platform as a force for good. While donating a portion of our profits and offering pro-bono services to those in need is something I’m incredibly proud of, these commitments would not be possible without our most valuable asset – our clients. My life’s mission has been dedicated to helping others live their best, most fulfilling lives by doing what I know and love: comprehensive financial planning. I am excited to meet you and look forward to the opportunity of working together on your journey to financial independence!
Conflict-free, fee-only fiduciaries since day one. As a firm, wHealth Advisors is founded on THREE core values:
- Transparent Fees: As true fee-only fiduciaries*, the only payments we receive are flat retainer fees paid to us directly from our clients via quarterly invoices. No hidden or embedded expenses. No kickbacks or commissions. No conflicts of interest. Clients deserve to know their advisor’s ALL-IN costs.
- Comprehensive Planning: Our guidance relies on having a deep understanding of YOUR big picture. Life is not linear and financial plans are not static – we recalibrate your financial life to be aligned to your overarching life goals. Whether it’s proactively managing your cash flow and investments, planning and preparing your annual taxes, analyzing your various personal and professional insurances, or ensuring your estate documents reflect your intentions – we make sure ALL areas of your financial life receive the proper attention.
- To Be a Force For Good: wHealth Advisors’ top priority is to provide the highest quality, objective financial planning to our clients – no exception. Additionally, we recognize that society’s most challenging problems cannot be solved by government and nonprofits alone. By harnessing the power of business, we use our technical skills, resources, and profits as a means to a greater end via community volunteerism, pro-bono services, and donating a % of our gross revenues to qualified 501(c)3 charitable organizations.
While we have a specific service offering for medical professionals, we also work with a large range of professionals including those in law, tech, finance, and academia.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Tax Planning
- Investment Management
- Student Loan Repayment Strategies
- Retirement Income Planning
- Dental/Medical Professionals
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Dennis McNamara is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Dennis McNamara is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training empowers investment professionals with the fiduciary knowledge and tools they need to serve their clients’ best interests. Advisors who have earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation have gone through training, met the qualifications, and passed the exam allowing use of the AIF designation and they are immediately able to demonstrate the added value that they can bring to both existing and prospective clients.
Dennis McNamara is a Certified Student Loan Professional (CSLP®)
Financial Advisors having earned the Certified Student Loan Professional designation (CSLP®) understand the complexities of the student loan repayment options and have the advanced knowledge required provide to high quality student loan repayment planning advice within the scope of a holistic financial plan.
Dennis McNamara is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Dennis McNamara is Quoted on Business Insider: "Finance Firm Takes Page Out of Patagonia Playbook"
Dennis McNamara is Interviewed at the 2019 Annual Alliance of Comprehensive Planners Conference
Dennis McNamara is a Guest on Not a Medical Marvel Podcast: "BECOMING a Financially Fit Physician with wHEALTH ADVISORS"
Dennis McNamara Can Be Heard on Practical Wisdom Podcast: "Top Tips From Eleven Fiduciary Fee-Only Planners at the 2019 ACP Annual Conference"
Dennis McNamara is Quoted on News Break: "Pros And Cons Of Co-signing A Student Loan"
Contact Dennis McNamara
331 Newman Springs
Bldg 1, Fl 4, Suite 143
Red Bank, NJ 07701