Elser Financial Planning
Fee-Only financial planner located in Indianapolis, IN, serving clients locally and across the country
Derek brings extensive experience helping professionals, business owners, corporate executives and others plan for retirement and navigate other financial challenges and opportunities.
Derek develops customized financial strategies to help clients achieve their objectives, taking into account their entire financial picture. His clients feel comfortable having a long-term relationship based on trust.
- Stanford Law School, JD
- Ball State University, BA, Summa Cum Laude
- Vice President and Senior Wealth Planner with PNC Wealth Management
- Attorney with Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP in Indianapolis
- Attorney with Baker & Daniels, LLP in Indianapolis, IN
- Attorney with McDermott Will & Emery LLP in Chicago
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- Stanford Club of Indiana
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis Board of Directors
- WFYI Planned Giving Task Force
- Indianapolis Bar Association Tax Section Executive Committee
- Central Indiana Community Foundation Cornerstone Council
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals
Derek Hamilton is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Elser Financial Planning, Inc. was founded in 2007.
EFP provides personalized, confidential financial planning and investment management to individuals, trusts, estates and small businesses. Advice is provided through consultation with our clients and may include: determination of financial objectives, identification of financial problems, cash flow management, tax planning, insurance review, investment management, education funding, retirement planning and estate planning.
EFP does not act as a custodian of client assets, and clients always receive statements and trade confirmations from an independent custodian. We place trades for clients under a limited power of attorney. EFP is strictly a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm. We do not sell annuities or insurance or invest in any mutual funds or limited partnerships that pay a commission to the firm. We are not affiliated with entities that sell such financial products or securities.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Divorce Planning
- Planning for Inheritance
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Derek Hamilton is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Derek Hamilton is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Derek Hamilton
8365 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240