Kennedy Wealth Management, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in Knoxville, TN, serving clients locally and across the country
Derek Kennedy, CFP®, is the president of Kennedy Wealth Management, a State of Tennessee registered investment advisory firm.
Education. Derek attended the University of Virginia, where he was an All-American swimmer and earned a B.A. in Philosophy.
Experience. Derek received his investment experience at the investment bank of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette in New York City. As a Vice President of Institutional Equities and part of DLJ’s Investment Management Group, he worked with portfolio managers and research analysts of various national banks and mutual fund companies.Certification. Derek is a Certified Financial Planner™, the requirements for which include: educational, experience, completion of a comprehensive exam, adherence to ethical standards, and completion of ongoing continuing education. The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization founded in 1985 whose mission is to help people benefit from competent, professional and ethical financial planning. The CFP Board grants the CFP® Certification. This is the recognized standard of excellence for financial planners.
Derek Kennedy is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Kennedy Wealth Management is an independent Fee-Only Financial Planning and Wealth Management firm that has offered our services to individuals and families in Knoxville, Tennessee since 2000. We are committed to working in the best interest of our clients and never work on commission-based sales given their inherent conflict of interests. We value the importance of knowledge, experience, and the role of the financial advisor as a fiduciary – demonstrated by our commitment in meeting and maintaining the professional standards of the Certified Financial Planners Board of Standards, Inc and our membership in the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
Who are our clients? They are a diverse group of people from all stages of life, that:
- Understand that the right level of professional service at the right time can be powerfully helpful, and are interested in maximizing opportunities while avoiding costly mistakes.
- Are interested in professional guidance for their finances because they don’t have the time or possibly even the interest in managing them.
- Appreciate having an expert planning partner to suggest strategies and make recommendations on behalf of their unique situation and with their best interest at heart.
- Value having a real relationship with someone that cares about their interests, their goals, their family, and that will be there for them every step of the way.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Wealth Management Services
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Investment Management
- Business Owners
- Business Executives
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Independent Advice
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Derek Kennedy is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Derek Kennedy is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Derek Kennedy is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Derek Kennedy
200 Prosperity Drive
Knoxville, TN 37923