CFP®, CIMA®, AIFA®
Artifex Financial Group
Fee-Only Financial Advisor serving the state of Ohio.
Douglas Kinsey is a Dayton, OH fee-only financial planner. Artifex Financial Group provides comprehensive financial planning, wealth managementand ESG investing to help individuals, families and corporate retirement plans organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Douglas Kinsey is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Doug Kinsey is a partner in Artifex Financial Group, a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm based in Dayton, Ohio.
Doug has over 25 years experience in financial services, and has been a CFP Certificant since 1999. Additionally, he holds the Certified Investment Management Analyst certification from the Investments and Wealth Institute. He is a graduate of The Ohio State University and also completed the University of Chicago Booth School of Business Investment Management Education Program. Additionally, Doug has completed post-graduate work through the Harvard Business School HBX program, and has completed his Masters Degree in Strategic Management from Harvard University, where he received the Harold Langlois Award for exceptional academic accomplishment.
Doug’s passion for financial planning is rooted in investments. He read books on investing as a child and has always found the idea of learning about companies, discovering new ideas, and finding hidden values to be extremely exciting. He does not believe in the abuses of Modern Portfolio Theory or an over-reliance on statistics and indexing. Active management is not dead, but the way it is approached should be. Common sense and careful investing are what is required to be a successful investor.
Artifex Financial Group was founded in 2007 by Doug and his business partner, Darren Harp. Artifex currently advises over $100,000,000 in assets and serves 180 client households and corporate pension plans. In addition to personal financial advice, AFG provides active investment management, back office solutions, process improvement strategies and employee development consulting to financial advisory firms.
In his free time, Doug enjoys boating, fishing, golf, hiking, cycling, reading, and is a supporter of The Ohio State University, Harvard University, and the Ohio University Bobcat Club.. He is a member of the Harvard Varsity Club, Harvard Alumni Club of Central Ohio, and several local business organizations, including the Columbus Metropolitan Club.
Douglas Kinsey is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Do you want to feel more confident about the financial decisions you make? Would you rest easier knowing that you are doing everything you need to in order to achieve financial independence? Do you want to have more time and freedom for the things you enjoy?
Whatever your current situation, financial concerns have an impact on your life and relationships. Artifex Financial Group can help you make the financial decisions that will make the most of what you have now and help you build a more secure, enjoyable future.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Straight talk. Artifex Financial Group doesn’t sell any financial products nor do we receive any commissions. As fee-only financial advisors, our only compensation is what you pay for our professional advice. Our complete focus is on what is best for you.
- All-inclusive approach. Together we evaluate all aspects of your finances and design a strategy where each part works in harmony with the others. You’ll see that we pay a lot of attention to areas of your financial life that are often overlooked or ignored by other “financial planners.”
- Access. Life is constantly changing. For one annual retainer fee, you can meet with us or speak to us often as is necessary to help you accomplish your financial goals.
- Value for your money. Artifex Financial Group is committed to providing value that exceeds our fee. It’s a concept that is virtually non-existent in the financial planning profession. But doesn’t it make sense that your financial advisor should work to save you more than he charges you?
- The highest professional standards. We are committed to the NAPFA Fiduciary Pledge – your assurance of receiving the ethical and professional treatment you deserve.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Socially Responsible Investments
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Corporate Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- High Net-Worth Client Needs
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Douglas Kinsey is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Douglas Kinsey is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Douglas Kinsey is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Douglas Kinsey is a Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®)
The CIMA designation is the premier certification for financial advisors and investment consultants and one of the only professional certifications in financial services to meet international accreditation and quality standards. CIMA advisors have completed a rigorous process and have demonstrated knowledge and competency in a variety of investment management consulting and portfolio construction topics, including advanced investment management theory and application.
Douglas Kinsey is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst® (AIFA®)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst® (AIFA®) Designation training is considered to be the master’s level coursework to the AIF® Designation. AIFA® Designees are certified to perform fiduciary assessments on internal policies, procedures and workflows to verify or certify an entity's conformity to a "Global Fiduciary Standard of Excellence.” Only AIF® Designees in good standing have the foundational skills needed to qualify for the AIFA® Designation training.
Contact Douglas Kinsey
2305 Far Hills Avenue
Dayton, OH 45419
201 East Fifth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
545 Metro Place South
Columbus, OH 43017
600 Superior Avenue East
Cleveland, OH 44114
1715 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee, OH 43537