Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors
Fee-Only financial planner located in Sandwich, MA, serving clients locally and across the country
Gregory Fenton is a Sandwich, MA fee-only financial planner. Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, tax planning, and estate planning to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Gregory Fenton is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Gregory C. Fenton, CFP® is the President and Founder of Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors. He has an extensive background in comprehensive wealth management with particular depth in multi-generational planning. He is focused on delivering sound financial solutions and maintaining strong personal relationships with his clients. Mr. Fenton specializes in managing high-net-worth relationships grounded in comprehensive financial planning, asset management, trust and estate planning, business succession and other wealth and income strategies.
Mr. Fenton has 30-plus years of experience with a global financial planning firm, The Alliance of Comprehensive Planners. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, and has also held the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation since 1990. His CFP® credentials help the team manage portfolios in a highly tax-efficient manner.
In his spare time, Greg loves spending time with family and friends. He enjoys golf, skiing, traveling and a nice, bold Cabernet Sauvignon.
Gregory Fenton is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Wealth Management Consulting Process…Setting the Foundation for Your Financial House
Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors consultative process consists of five discrete steps, each built around an advisor-client meeting.
1. Discovery meeting. At our initial meeting, we conduct a discovery interview. This helps us identify the challenges you face in achieving all that is important to you. We first examine your current situation and the goals you would like to achieve. We then examine how we can maximize the possibility of achieving those goals.
2. Investment plan meeting. At this meeting, we present our diagnostic of your current situation and our recommendations for how we can bridge the gaps in order for you to reach your goals. This plan forms the foundation for all of our work together.
3. Mutual commitment meeting. At this meeting, we are ready to make a mutual decision about whether our firm can add substantial value and whether we should proceed. Should we both choose to work together, we commit to each other to work toward achieving everything that is important to you and your family. We also execute the documents necessary to put your investment plan into motion.
4. 45-day follow-up meeting. When you have multiple investment accounts, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork you receive. At this meeting, we help you organize all that paperwork in a notebook that we provide. We also answer any questions you may have so you understand exactly what is happening with your money.
5. Regular progress meetings. These meetings, which we schedule at intervals convenient to you, provide us an opportunity to review any major changes in your personal or financial situation since our last meeting. If these changes mean that we need to adjust your investment plan, we do so. We also review your overall progress toward your long-term financial goals. This meeting is our opportunity to implement wealth management solutions that may be appropriate for your situation. We will present to you our wealth management plan at our first regular progress meeting so we can prioritize those areas of greatest importance to you and then begin to address them systematically.
Our Role as Your Personal Chief Financial Officer
This consulting process serves as our framework, but it is only the beginning. To ensure that your family’s most important financial issues are addressed as needed, we serve as your personal chief financial officer.
As your personal chief financial officer, we set the foundation of your financial house through this investment plan. Once this is in place, we address additional components of your financial picture as needed. With your wealth management plan to guide us, we focus on four broad areas of your financial life:
- Wealth enhancement aims to produce the best possible investment returns consistent with your level of risk tolerance and to minimize the tax impact on those returns.
- Wealth transfer intends to find and facilitate the most tax-efficient way to pass assets to succeeding generations, and to do so in a way that meets your wishes.
- Asset protection is aimed at protecting your wealth against potential creditors, litigants, children’s spouses, and potential ex-spouses.
- Charitable gifting helps fulfill your charitable goals. It is most effective when coordinated with the three services above.
In accordance with your stated priorities, we will raise these issues and make our recommendations to you during our regular progress meetings. Over time, this allows us to implement a complete wealth management solution with you.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Gregory Fenton is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Gregory Fenton is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Gregory Fenton is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Contact Gregory Fenton
128 Route 6A
Sandwich, MA 02563