Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors
Fee-Only financial planner located in Sandwich, MA, serving clients locally and across the country
Gregory Fenton is a Certified Financial Planner® practitioner. He has spent the past 30 years in the industry helping people achieve a life well-lived. He is the founder of Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors, which was born out of his frustration working for a commission-based broker. He felt clients deserved objective, unbiased advice without the conflicts of interest prevalent in the industry. Greg strongly believes in practicing what he preaches, so he balances work with being a devoted husband and father to his two boys.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Straight talk. We don’t sell any financial products nor do we receive any commissions. As fee-only financial advisors, our only compensation is what you pay for our professional advice. Our complete focus is on what is best for you.
- All-inclusive approach. Together we evaluate all aspects of your finances and design a strategy where each part works in harmony with the others. You’ll see that we pay a lot of attention to areas of your financial life that are often overlooked or ignored by other “financial planners.”
- Access. Life is constantly changing. For one annual retainer fee, you can meet with us or speak to us often as is necessary to help you accomplish your financial goals.
- Value for your money. We are committed to providing value that exceeds our fee. It’s a concept that is virtually non-existent in the financial planning profession. But doesn’t it make sense that your financial advisor should work to save you more than he charges you?
- The highest professional standards. We are committed to the Cambridge Pledge to Clients—your assurance of receiving the ethical and professional treatment you deserve.
Gregory Fenton is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Wealth Management Consulting Process…Setting the Foundation for Your Financial House
Cambridge Cape Cod Advisors consultative process consists of five discrete steps, each built around an advisor-client meeting.
1. Discovery meeting. At our initial meeting, we conduct a discovery interview. This helps us identify the challenges you face in achieving all that is important to you. We first examine your current situation and the goals you would like to achieve. We then examine how we can maximize the possibility of achieving those goals.
2. Investment plan meeting. At this meeting, we present our diagnostic of your current situation and our recommendations for how we can bridge the gaps in order for you to reach your goals. This plan forms the foundation for all of our work together.
3. Mutual commitment meeting. At this meeting, we are ready to make a mutual decision about whether our firm can add substantial value and whether we should proceed. Should we both choose to work together, we commit to each other to work toward achieving everything that is important to you and your family. We also execute the documents necessary to put your investment plan into motion.
4. 45-day follow-up meeting. When you have multiple investment accounts, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork you receive. At this meeting, we help you organize all that paperwork in a notebook that we provide. We also answer any questions you may have so you understand exactly what is happening with your money.
5. Regular progress meetings. These meetings, which we schedule at intervals convenient to you, provide us an opportunity to review any major changes in your personal or financial situation since our last meeting. If these changes mean that we need to adjust your investment plan, we do so. We also review your overall progress toward your long-term financial goals. This meeting is our opportunity to implement wealth management solutions that may be appropriate for your situation. We will present to you our wealth management plan at our first regular progress meeting so we can prioritize those areas of greatest importance to you and then begin to address them systematically.
Our Role as Your Personal Chief Financial Officer
This consulting process serves as our framework, but it is only the beginning. To ensure that your family’s most important financial issues are addressed as needed, we serve as your personal chief financial officer.
As your personal chief financial officer, we set the foundation of your financial house through this investment plan. Once this is in place, we address additional components of your financial picture as needed. With your wealth management plan to guide us, we focus on four broad areas of your financial life:
- Wealth enhancement aims to produce the best possible investment returns consistent with your level of risk tolerance and to minimize the tax impact on those returns.
- Wealth transfer intends to find and facilitate the most tax-efficient way to pass assets to succeeding generations, and to do so in a way that meets your wishes.
- Asset protection is aimed at protecting your wealth against potential creditors, litigants, children’s spouses, and potential ex-spouses.
- Charitable gifting helps fulfill your charitable goals. It is most effective when coordinated with the three services above.
In accordance with your stated priorities, we will raise these issues and make our recommendations to you during our regular progress meetings. Over time, this allows us to implement a complete wealth management solution with you.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Gregory Fenton is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Gregory Fenton is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Gregory Fenton is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Contact Gregory Fenton
128 Route 6A
Sandwich, MA 02563