J. David Principe
SageBroadview Financial Planning
We are experienced professionals helping other professionals unclutter their financial affairs, and get on with their lives and their careers
Before joining us, David’s global experiences took him from two years of teaching English with the Peace Corps in Guinea, West Africa, to retail management with Sears, Roebuck, & Co. in Maine, to seven years as a “jack of all trades” at a North Carolina software company … back to his family home in Vermont, to provide his father with end-of-life care. While serving as executor and trustee for two small family trusts during this period, David saw first-hand the importance of objective financial and estate planning, discovering his own affinity for assisting others facing similar challenges within their families.
After completing the rigorous program and field work required, he obtained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 2010. In addition to his credentials and professional experience, David is a member and proponent of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). He holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He and his wife Karla live in Connecticut with their two children, Erin and Zack, and their beagles Rosie and Brady.
J. David Principe is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
At SageBroadview Financial Planning, we believe in clarity. Clarity of purpose. Clarity of mind. Clarity of intent. To champion your financial interests accordingly, we vow to never stop…
1. Learning … Our services are grounded in more than a half-century of evidence-based inquiry into economic and market efficiency, with a sharp eye as well for newly applicable insights.
2. Educating … We consider it our duty and privilege to filter and translate the glut of available information into effective knowledge you can use to make the most of your own investment activities.
3. Caring … Actions speak loudest, so we have built a client-centric focus into the fiber of our business structure. Our transparent, Fee-Only compensation means we have no conflicting interests resulting from any third-party incentives; you, our client, are our sole source of income. We also operate as a Registered Investment Advisor firm, which legally obligates us to serve as your fiduciary advisor, with your highest financial interests as our top priority.
4. Simplifying … As business professionals and former corporate executives ourselves, we understand exactly how much time you have to dedicate to your optimal level of personal wealth management: close to none. Respectful of your busy schedule, our advice is lean and to the point, so you can make the most of each and every financial move you take.5. Growing … As a successful professional, you know how to acquire wealth. In our growing relationship with you, we help you keep that wealth, and apply it to sustaining your ideal lifestyle over the long haul.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
J. David Principe is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
J. David Principe is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact J. David Principe
Farmington Corporate Park
6 Executive Dr., Ste. 111
Farmington, CT 06032
60 Washington St., Ste. 102
Morristown, NJ 07960
2 Burlington Woods Drive
Burlington, MA 01803