J. David Principe
SAGEbroadview Wealth Management, LLC
Partner & Wealth Manager
Our goal is to be your financial mainstay as you navigate life’s transitions
J. David Principe is a Farmington, CT fee-only financial planner with additional offices in Burlington, MA and Morristown, NJ. SAGEbroadview Wealth Management provides ongoing, integrated comprehensive financial planning, tax planning, and portfolio management. We help established professionals and young professionals organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, J. David Principe is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to act in his client's best interests.
> Please note we do not currently offer hourly services or one-time plans.
Are you a seasoned professional working toward financial independence? Are you a young professional looking for a personalized financial roadmap? Are you somewhere in between? No matter where you fall on the work-life continuum, SAGEbroadview has the tools and expertise to help you achieve your financial goals.
With financial planning representing both a humanistic art as well as an analytic science, David Principe strikes the happy medium in his role as a SAGEbroadview Wealth Manager. Joining us in 2007, David has enjoyed building deep, durable relationships with many of our clients, assisting them personally with their financial life planning. We also often turn to David as a go-to resource for strengthening our technical capabilities, regulatory compliance, and data and analytical research standards.
Before joining us, David’s global experiences took him from two years of teaching English with the Peace Corps in Guinea, West Africa, to retail management with Sears, Roebuck, & Co. in Maine, to seven years as a “jack of all trades” at a North Carolina software company … back to his family home in Vermont, to provide his father with end-of-life care. While serving as executor and trustee for two small family trusts during this period, David saw first-hand the importance of objective financial and estate planning, discovering his own affinity for assisting others facing similar challenges within their families.
After completing the rigorous program and field work required, he obtained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 2010. In addition to his credentials and professional experience, David is a member and proponent of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). He holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He and his wife Karla share their home in Connecticut with their newest beagles Lincoln and Mary Todd as well as their flying-the-nest children Erin and Zack as their time and circumstances allow.
J. David Principe is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
At SAGEbroadview Wealth Management, we believe in clarity. Clarity of purpose. Clarity of mind. Clarity of intent. To champion your financial interests accordingly, we vow to never stop…
1. Learning … Our services are grounded in more than a half-century of evidence-based inquiry into economic and market efficiency, with a sharp eye as well for newly applicable insights.
2. Educating … We consider it our duty and privilege to filter and translate the glut of available information into effective knowledge you can use to make the most of your own investment activities.
3. Caring … Actions speak loudest, so we have built a client-centric focus into the fiber of our business structure. Our transparent, Fee-Only compensation means we have no conflicting interests resulting from any third-party incentives; you, our client, are our sole source of income. We also operate as a Registered Investment Advisor firm, which legally obligates us to serve as your fiduciary advisor, with your highest financial interests as our top priority.
4. Simplifying … As business professionals and former corporate executives ourselves, we understand exactly how much time you have to dedicate to your optimal level of personal wealth management: close to none. Respectful of your busy schedule, our advice is lean and to the point, so you can make the most of each and every financial move you take.
5. Growing … As a successful professional, you know how to acquire wealth. In our growing relationship with you, we help you keep that wealth, and apply it to sustaining your ideal lifestyle over the long haul.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- > Ongoing Comprehensive Financial Planning integrated w/ Investment Management
- > Tax Planning is carefully woven throughout your overall financial road map
- > Equity Compensation Planning (stock options, restricted stock, SAR's, etc.)
- > Financial Independence Planning (aka Retirement Planning)
- > We also offer solutions designed specifically for Young Professionals in the early stages of their careers
- > Established Professionals | Small business owners
- > Established Professionals | Executives & Middle Managers
- > Established Professionals | Medical, dental & legal professions
- > High-income earning Young Professionals
- > Virtual or In-Office Meetings
- > Complimentary Initial Consultation
- > Clearly Defined Fees (Combo of Flat Fee + AUM). More details on our website.
- > Please note we do not currently offer hourly services or one-time plans.
- No Product Sales
Professional Designations & Affiliations
J. David Principe is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
J. David Principe is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact J. David Principe
10 Waterside Drive
Farmington, CT 06032
60 Washington Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
2 Burlington Woods Drive
Burlington, MA 01803