Lyon Financial Planning
Comprehensive Financial Planning for a Flat Fee. Working Virtually and Accepting New Clients.
Jay Abolofia is a fee-only financial planner located in Waltham, MA serving clients in Greater Boston, New England and throughout the country. Lyon Financial Planning provides advice-only comprehensive financial planning on a fixed fee basis to help clients in all financial situations. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Jay Abolofia is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Jay Abolofia is a fee-only financial planner serving clients throughout the country.
When I told my daughter I was starting a business, she immediately said, “How can I help, Dad?” This simple question is at the core of everything I do. With every client relationship, meeting and question, I ask myself how can I help.
I approach personal finance with a compassionate, disciplined and analytical mindset. I'm a Certified Financial Planner™ professional and PhD Economist. I have been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN Business, Forbes, Consumer Reports and more.
When not helping clients, you’ll find me outdoors with my family. The name L-Y-O-N comes from taking two letters from each of my daughters’ first names.
Jay Abolofia is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Stop Guessing. Start Planning.
- I believe everyone deserves quality financial planning advice, independent of their lifestage and level of assets.
- I utilize a unique data-driven approach that takes the guesswork out of financial planning.
Say No to Asset-Based Fees.
- I believe asset-based fees are a detriment to your financial well-being.
- I charge a fixed fee for comprehensive financial planning without ongoing investment management.
Clients Who Benefit Most From My Services Are
- Seeking professional objective advice.
- Ready, willing and able to participate in the planning process.
- Comfortable self-implementing a well-thought-out action plan
- Action-oriented, self-motivated, disciplined and curious.
I Provide Exceptional Value to Clients Planning For Major Life Transitions.
- Career Decisions
- Real Estate Decisions
- Children & Education Decisions
- Liquidity Events
- Inheriting Assets
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Planning
- Data-Driven Approach
- Virtual Meetings
- Straightforward Fixed-Fee
- No Sales or Commissions
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Jay Abolofia is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Jay Abolofia is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Jay Abolofia
Waltham, MA 02453