Lucid Wealth Planning LLC
Principal & Financial Planner
Fee-Only financial planner located in Raleigh, NC, serving clients locally and across the country
Jeffrey Stewart is a Raleigh, NC fee-only financial planner serving clients in NC as well as accross the nation. Lucid Wealth Planning LLC provides comprehensive financial planning and investment packages to help medical professionals and academic professors organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Jeffrey Stewart is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
My name is Jeffrey Stewart and I am the founder of Lucid Wealth Planning LLC (“LWP”), a firm created to improve the world by helping clients make better, and more well-informed, financial decisions in both their daily lives as well as long-term plans. We believe our impact provides added security, confidence, and overall joy in the lives of our clients. Given our focus on clients that strive to improve the world around them, such as medical professionals and academic professors, we anticipate the ripple effect of betterment to be limitless.
My education includes a BSB degree in Finance, where academic principals such as research and evaluation, finance for decision making, and investment management were emphasized as part of the core curriculum. I later enrolled in the College for Financial Planning where I continued my education for several years to acquire the rigorous designations:
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®), and
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®)
I have completed over 700 comprehensive financial plans for individuals and families since joining the industry in 2006. Given my natural desire for self-improvement, I continued to enhance my knowledge base by receiving training in specialized areas such as student loan analysis, estate planning, tax planning and efficiency, and strategic investment management. I am currently enrolled in the Certified Student Loan Planner coursework and will go on to begin my formal studies behavioral finance (Behavioral Financial Advisor™) in late 2019.
While my professional background is no-doubt important, my personal background is equally important. Here are a few facts about my financial life experience, examples that may resonate with your own personal story:
- I have a passion for the profession I’ve chosen. Since the age of 10 I have been nearly obsessed with the role that money plays in the lives of individuals and families. I realize that money isn’t everything, but neither is health or education on its own. It’s the combination of these three areas that determine the overall experience one has in life. I chose financial planning, whereas your passion may have resulted in health or academic professions.
- I paid for college myself, graduating with nearly $100,000 in debt between student loans, private loans, and credit card debt. Hard work, discipline, and strategic planning allowed us to eliminate our debt and grow our net worth substantially in less than 10 years.
- My wife and I moved 7 times in 13 years. Like an Assistant Professor seeking a Full Professor track, or a Resident chasing a Fellowship, I was willing to move often as the firm needed to gain the experience necessary to be successful in my career. This resulted in climbing the corporate ladder and the opportunity to help hundreds of families accomplish their financial goals.
- My wife and I paid for our own wedding, the down payment on our home, and virtually every other expense we’ve incurred. Neither of us came from wealth; being responsible with our savings and spending habits quickly became a focal point in our relationship.
- We have two incredible children, our son Kayden was born in July 2013 and our daughter Avery was born January 2019. Building a family is not an inexpensive venture. We have successfully worked through the medical costs, college savings and private school expenses, and increased cost of living to ensure the little ones gain the experience necessary to appreciate all that life offers.
- I am a family man. I have dedicated nearly 115,000 hours to being a husband, and have 52,000 hours experience in raising a family (and counting!).
As a financial planner, my main goal is to help you make well-informed decisions on all financial matters, not just what types of investments are right for you. I will always listen to your concerns, devise the best strategy, including benefits, risks, and tax issues, and treat your financial goals with the same care and interest that I devote to my own. I look forward to being your trusted advisor and expert resource as you build a secure, and confident, financial life.
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity
Jeffrey Stewart is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
We are a fee-only financial planning firm dedicated to helping those that believe deeply in the betterment of the world around them. Our fiduciary oath, coupled with our passion for improving the lives of others, is what drives us.
Our goal is simple; make the world a better place by providing resources like comprehensive planning and socially responsible investing to those who have a greater impact on humanity. Our firm is here to help you achieve the impact you want by building a solid foundation. It’s easier to lift others up when you’re standing on solid ground.
Our services include:
Ongoing Comprehensive Financial Planning + Investment Management
Our Comprehensive Financial Planning and Investment Packages include everything you need to achieve financial freedom; we offer continuous financial planning, ongoing investment management, full transparency, and exceptional technology to support your experience. We focus on every aspect of your financial life, from employee benefits and tax efficiency to retirement planning and student loan management.
Our Project-Based Planning is a mirror image to the comprehensive financial planning, but the delivery and ongoing advice is limited to a specific period. Investment management is not included.
Student Loan Analysis
We’ll strategize debt repayment, consolidation, refinancing and other options available to you. Additionally, we may provide recommendations on where to save money to facilitate debt repayment.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- Student Loan Analysis
- Tax Planning
- Socially Responsible & ESG Investing
- Physicians, PAs, NPs, Dentists
- Academic Professors
- Growing Families
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- Gen X & Gen Y
- Virtual Meetings
- In-Office Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation and Values Discussion
- Fiduciary and Fee-Only
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Jeffrey Stewart is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Jeffrey Stewart is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Jeffrey Stewart is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Jeffrey Stewart is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Jeffrey Stewart is a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ (Learn More)
The Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ or CRPC® designation is a premier retirement planning credential. The CRPC® program covers all aspects of the retirement process in a single comprehensive program with no product or advising biases.
Contact Jeffrey Stewart
740 Rockville Rd
Wake Forest, NC 27587