Lazarus Financial Planning, LLC
Fee-only financial advisor for socially responsible investors in Durham, NC and nationwide
While many people hire me initially because of the investments, I often hear that the true value lies in all the work we do above and beyond the portfolio. In other words, financial planning is so much more than just managing the money. I help people get organized and take care of all the details of their financial lives: everything from being intentional with where their money is going to reviewing their insurance coverage and helping them get what they need; from discussing how much to put down on their new home to making sure their legal documents reflect their intentions.
As a “financial planner for the socially responsible investor,” I work exclusively with people who share my conviction that we can solve social and environmental problems by how we spend, donate, volunteer, and invest our capital. Here again, our conversations are deeper than just what’s in the portfolio because there are so many ways to be socially responsible with our money that goes well beyond what’s in the brokerage account.Because the way I work engages people at the level of their values, aspirations, and yes, even their stumbling blocks, I am regularly helping people improve their relationship with money, and their relationships with each other around money.
While the technical side is intellectually engaging and feeds my love of learning, it’s the human connection, the relationship that strengthens over time, and the chance to really impact someone’s life that energizes me. At the end of the day, the greatest compliment is to hear: you remind me of who I am and we move forward with that.
Jennifer Lazarus is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Lazarus Financial Planning purposefully combines several characteristics, and in doing so, fills a unique niche.
Comprehensive financial planning
- Comprehensive financial planning -- going beyond just investments
- Socially responsible mutual funds & community investments
- Cash flow planning that is more than budgeting
- Creates a comfortable, non-judgmental atmosphere
- Draws out the financially naive, reluctant, disinterested or resistant
- Offers win-win alternatives for couples with money differences
- Listens..and gives advice based on what matters most to you
- Fiduciary -- as a fiduciary, I’ve committed to put your interests ahead of my own
- Code of ethics: NAPFA and CFP Board
- Personally invested right alongside my clients -- in other words, I “eat my own cooking”
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
- Fee only -- different from “fee-based,” fee only means I am only compensated by you
- Flat, predictable fees based on net assets
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Socially responsible investments
- Cash flow planning
- Progressive investors in their 20s to 50s
- Growing Families
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Jennifer Lazarus is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Jennifer Lazarus is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Jennifer Lazarus
5614 Welkin Court
Durham, NC 27713