CFP®, CRPC®, ADPA®
Financial Connections Group, Inc.
Retirement and Financial Advisor
Headquartered in Marin County with additional offices in Berkeley and San Francisco. We service clients in Sonoma, San Francisco and the East Bay.
Jill Hollander is a Corte Madera, CA fee-only financial planner. Financial Connections Group provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management including ESG/Impact Investing. We specialize in retirement, unmarried couples, singles, and the LGBTQ+ community. We strive to help clients organize and grow their assets through life’s transitions. As a fiduciary, Jill is never paid a commission of any kind.
Jill Hollander is a fee-only Certified Financial Planner™ Professional, a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ and Accredited Domestic Partnership Advisor℠. She is a principal at Financial Connections Group, Incorporated. Jill began her work in financial planning and investment management in 1993.
AWARDS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Recognized as one of 50 Distinguished Women nationwide by Wealth Manager Magazine for her work with women in the profession (2008)
- Named one of the 25 Top Independent Wealth Advisor’s in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (2013)
- First recipient of FPA (Financial Planning Association) San Francisco Chapter’s Pro Bono Award (2007)
- Past Chairperson of NAPFA (National Association of Professional Financial Advisors) West Region and was a member of the National Board (2005-2006)
- Past member of TD Ameritrade National Advisors’ Panel (2004-2005)
- Past conference chair for PridePlanners™, an organization to educate financial professionals in financial planning for unmarried people (2005)
PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND PROFESSION
Jill has an MBA in Finance. She has more than 20 years of experience in cash management, corporate financial planning, and financial analysis at Wells Fargo Bank, Levi Strauss & Company, and GTE Sprint.
Jill Hollander is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Broad expertise, individual attention.
Our first step is to meet with you and see if we are a good fit for each other. We understand that emotions are involved when discussing money, whether the issue is inheriting, saving or spending. For many, turning to a fiduciary advisor putting your interests first diffuses anxiety. Our professional, yet informal approach creates a comfortable atmosphere for discussing and reviewing what may be sensitive issues about your life and your future.
Every individual or couple has different needs, and it’s important that we understand yours. The process begins by focusing on your goals. What’s your timeframe to accumulate money for retirement? What will you do in retirement? What are your options to receive income in retirement? Are you prepared for these changes? We help you grapple with issues you’ve wondered about – and will probably raise some that you haven’t thought of.
Once we identify your goals, we define the steps that can help you achieve them. Our role is to offer different scenarios to achieve your goals and their ramifications. With this information, we hope it will help you select a roadmap moving you towards your financial goals.
Depending upon your stage in life, your requirements will vary. As a result, you may need a financial plan or assistance with one or several of the following areas.
- Education Planning
- Buying a home
- Selecting employee benefits and 401(k) investment options
- Risk management (e.g. disability and life insurance)
- Retirement / Transition Planning
- Retirement Income and Withdrawal Strategies
- Retirement Workshop (non-economic issues in retirement)
- Subscription Service (work with you as your Chief Financial Consultant with ongoing planning, tax planning, Medicare and long-term care planning, estate planning, etc.)
- Customized portfolio designed to reflect your goals, objectives, time horizon and tax situation
- FC Digital – fully automated web based offering. Investment model assigned based on responses to risk questions
- Update existing financial plan
- Second opinion on your investment portfolio
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Jill Hollander is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Jill Hollander is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Jill Hollander is a member of the Garrett Planning Network. Click here to learn more.
Everyone needs competent, objective financial advice from time to time. The Garrett Planning Network has a nationwide membership with hundreds of independent, Fee-Only financial planners providing advice to people from all walks of life, without minimum account requirements, sales commissions, or long-term commitments. Our members proudly embrace their fiduciary duty, always placing their clients' best interests first.
Jill Hollander is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Jill Hollander is a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ (Learn More)
The Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ or CRPC® designation is a premier retirement planning credential. The CRPC® program covers all aspects of the retirement process in a single comprehensive program with no product or advising biases.
Contact Jill Hollander
201 Spear Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
2608 Ninth Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
21 Tamal Vista Blvd.
Corte Madera, CA 94925