Jim MacKay Financial Planning, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in Springfield, MO, serving clients locally and across the country
Jim MacKay is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional with vast experience helping people make the most of their money and a passion for providing “real financial planning”.
Jim’s professional experience includes working as a licensed representative in an insurance agency, seven years as portfolio manager for a trust company, as a financial counselor to service members and their families, and extensive training and experience at Vanguard, a respected worldwide leader in investment services. Along the way, Jim has helped people struggling to make ends meet as well as those with multi-million dollar portfolios.
Jim earned a bachelor of science degree in economics from Arizona State University and completed training, exam, and experience requirements to become a Certified Financial Planner™ professional.
Jim’s approach to financial planning is different. It’s not about selling products, or making things overly complicated. It’s about doing what’s best for people. In his words, it's “Real Financial Planning".
“I realized there aren’t many places where a person can get financial advice that’s not tainted by an advisor selling products or trying to convince you to invest money with them. I’ve always wanted to provide truly objective advice with no strings attached. I think people really appreciate being told the truth.”
Jim currently serves on the Board for Ozark Greenways, is a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). He previously served on the Advisory Board for the Journal of Financial Planning.
Jim and his wife Darci were married in Williams Chapel at College of the Ozarks in 1997 and have three young children. They live in Springfield, MO and enjoy outdoor activities, including spending time at Table Rock Lake, on ozarks rivers and streams, and rooting on their kids in a variety of sports and academic pursuits.
Jim MacKay is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Jim MacKay Financial Planning was built from the ground up with you in mind.
We want to be easy to work with.
To do this we:
- Make our services available to anyone, regardless of their net worth or investment portfolio.
- Use the latest technology so we can work with you from just about anywhere.
- Created a simple and straightforward fee structure
- Enjoy teaching as much as you want to learn.
- Always speak to you in plain English.
- Offer flexible service options
- Hourly, As-Needed Financial Planning - An engagement focused on your pressing concerns so you get answers and only pay for the help you need.
- Annual, ongoing advice - a year round planning partnership with continuous advice, support, and answers on a wide variety of topics, so you can make the most of your life.
- Retirement Plan Services - Designed to address the retirement plan needs of small businesses. We'll help you create, implement, and monitor a great plan based on ERISA best practices so you get the most from your retirement plan and satisfy your fiduciary responsibilities.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Jim MacKay is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Jim MacKay is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Jim MacKay
2142 W Chesterfield Blvd
Springfield, MO 65807