CFP®, CPA, PFS, AIF®, PPC®
Alliant Wealth Advisors
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Northern Virginia and Serving Clients Nationwide
John A. Frisch, CPA/PFS, CFP®, AIF®, PPC™ has over 30 years of experience in the finance industry. He is a CPA, a Personal Financial Specialist, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® and a Professional Plan Consultant™.
John’s business affiliations include:
- 1995 – Founded Alliant Wealth Advisors (formerly Millennium Capital Management).
- 1995 – Founded concurrently John A. Frisch, CPA, PC, which later became Frisch, Ambrosiano & Kontos, PC. FA&K grew to be the largest CPA firm in Prince William County, Virginia. In 2005 it was sold to the 12th largest accounting firm in the world.
- 1992-1995 – Executive Vice President of Voss & Co., a Springfield, Virginia, discount broker/dealer, where he oversaw all firm operations, encompassing sales, marketing, operations, finance and compliance.
- 1986-1992 – Senior Manager at The Rushmore Group, a $1.5 billion Bethesda, Maryland, mutual fund company, where he supervised the trading and portfolio accounting departments and managed the firm’s broker/dealership.
- Before 1986 – Staff accountant for a Maryland-based accounting firm.
John has received these awards and publications:
- Super CPA – Financial Planning Category by the Virginia Society of CPAs – 2012, 2013
- Leadership Prince William Graduate – Class of 2012
- Published on the Financial Planning Association’s Website – “Until Death Do You Part: Financial Pre-Planning During Marriage” – April 2010
- Top Area Financial Advisor by Northern Virginia Magazine – April 2009
- Small Business of the Year of the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce – October 2007
- Key Member of the Year of the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce – 2006
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Financial Planning Association for Pro Bono Efforts for 9/11 Financial Planning Relief Services – 2006
John is strongly committed to community service. He founded the Prince William Financial Institute to provide networking and education opportunities for financial professionals in Prince William, Virginia. He served on the three-county Battlefield Advisory Board for Branch Bank & Trust Co. (BB&T) for 15 years, was a recent four-year member of the Finance Committee for the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, and was actively involved in Virginia Society of CPA chapters. Previously, John served as Treasurer and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce and was the Accounting Chair on the Capital Campaign Steering Committee for Potomac Hospital (currently Sentara Hospital) in Prince William.
Due to John’s special concern for the families who lost loved ones in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, he has continuously served as a docent at the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial in Arlington since the program’s inception in 2009. In addition, he serves on the Board of Trustees for CASA Children's Intervention Services. Away from work, he enjoys competitive ultra-running (defined as running distances of 30 miles or more) and boating. He is an avid fan of, and is annually disappointed by, D.C.’s professional sports teams. He lives in Manassas, Va., on the Occoquan River, with his family.
John holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and information systems from Geneva College. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Personal Financial Planning Division; the Financial Planning Association; the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors; and the National Association of Tax Practitioners.
John Frisch is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Alliant Wealth Advisors provides comprehensive, fiduciary wealth management for families and retirement-plan consulting for businesses.
Simplifying Your Financial Path: As an independent, fee-only advisor, Alliant tends to all your financial needs and goals—not just your investments.
True Wealth Management: True wealth management isn’t just an investment portfolio and an off-the-shelf financial plan. It’s a framework for making wise decisions about wealth, one that will empower you to achieve all that is important to you.
Fee-Only: As a Fee-Only firm, we provide our clients with an important assurance that we will act in their best interests and provide holistic wealth management.
Fiduciary: Alliant is among the minority of financial advisor firms that is a true fiduciary, legally bound to put our clients’ interests first at all times. Surprisingly, the majority of financial advisors are not legally bound by this standard, and they face potential conflicts of interest that can pit their interests against those of their clients.
Serving You: At Alliant Wealth Advisors, our clients are a diverse group that shares a common bond. Whether individuals, families or businesses, our clients value working with an expert, trusted advisor who can instill confidence, help turn goals to reality and relieve the burden of work and worry.
Alliant Wealth Advisors was named Small Business of the Year in October 2007 by the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
John Frisch is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
John Frisch is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
John Frisch is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
John Frisch is a Certified Public Accountant (Learn More)
Certified Public Accountants are licensed by the state and authorized by the state to practice public or private accounting. CPA licensing requirements are state specific, but typically include a bachelors degree with additional accounting coursework, successful completion of the Uniform CPA Exam, work experience, successful completion of an approved ethics course, and ongoing continuing education.
John Frisch is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training empowers investment professionals with the fiduciary knowledge and tools they need to serve their clients’ best interests. Advisors who have earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation have gone through training, met the qualifications, and passed the exam allowing use of the AIF designation and they are immediately able to demonstrate the added value that they can bring to both existing and prospective clients.
John Frisch is a Professional Plan Consultant™
Advisors specifically interested in building their retirement plan advisory business pursue the Professional Plan Consultant® (PPC®) Designation. This training course teaches advisors a framework for managing successful and compliant 401(k) plans. Those who successfully earn their PPC® Designation demonstrate to clients and prospects their knowledge of ERISA requirements for employer-sponsored retirement plans and their ability to carry out plan services with a fiduciary standard of care.
Contact John Frisch
4008 Genessee Place
Prince William, VA 22192
11921 Freedom Drive
Two Fountain Square, Suite 550
Reston, VA 20190