John M. Miller
Longview Advisors, LLC
Financial Advisor and Owner
Fee-Only Financial Planner located in Newton, KS and serving clients in the greater Wichita area and across the country.
John is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, NAPFA-Registered advisor, licensed in property, casualty, life, and health insurance, and graduated with high honors from Bethel College in North Newton, KS. He completed the College for Financial Planning’s CFP® Professional Education Program, National Tax Training School, and is pursuing a Master of Science in Personal Financial Planning.
Prior to purchasing Longview Advisors, John was Associate Advisor at Bluestem Financial Advisors in Champaign, Illinois; Associate Advisor at Longview Advisors; worked for a small-business tax consulting firm, and taught English and American Culture courses at Sichuan Normal University in Chengdu, China, through Mennonite Central Committee. He also studied abroad at the University of Wuppertal in Wuppertal, Germany.
John’s other interests include hiking, reading, and traveling internationally with his wife.
John M. Miller is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Longview Advisors is a fee-only financial planning firm based in Newton, Kansas, and serves clients in the greater Wichita area and throughout the United States. We are committed to upholding the highest fiduciary, professional, and ethical standards in the financial planning industry.
Our Fee-Only Advantage:
- Fees are not based on assets under management, which means 1) we have no incentive to consolidate assets unless it's truly in your best interest and 2) we can advise people who may not have a substantial investment portfolio but have planning needs, high income, real estate, or other non-traditional assets.
- We deliver tailored financial plans and investment advice - not "cookie cutter" recommendations.
- We believe that a true financial plan pays attention to all aspects of your financial life. We strive to integrate the different pieces of your financial situation - retirement, taxes, investments, real estate, insurance, estate planning, philanthropy - into a unified plan. Please see the list of topics covered in our Comprehensive Financial Plan.
- Access to lower cost institutional investment options and evidence-based investment strategies.
- Transparency -- no commissions, no product sales, no hidden compensation.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Charitably Inclined Individuals
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
John Miller is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
John Miller is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
John Miller is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Contact John M. Miller
301 N Main St
Newton, KS 67114