Pure Financial Advisors, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in San Diego, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Joseph Anderson is a San Diego, CA fee-only financial planner. Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. provides comprehensive financial planning and investment planning to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Joseph Anderson is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
As CEO and President, Joe Anderson has created a unique, ambitious business model utilizing advanced service, training, sales, and marketing strategies to grow Pure Financial Advisors into the trustworthy, client-focused company it is today.
Pure Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), was ranked 153 out of 715 RIA’s nationwide by total assets under management by Financial Advisor Magazine (2020) and was ranked one of the 300 Top U.S. Registered Investment Advisers (2020) by Financial Times. (The list recognizes top independent RIA firms from across the U.S.) Pure was also named to Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Best Workplaces list (2021).
To no surprise, Joe was named to the 2020 Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors list, ranking #3 out of 80 advisors on the list in Southern California. In 2013, Joe earned San Diego Metro’s 40 Under 40 Award, representing some of the best and brightest minds of San Diego County.
Further to acting as CEO and President, Joe is also Pure Financial’s advanced planner, with extensive experience in estate planning, advance tax planning, portfolio analysis, and investment management. Joe has a passion for helping others succeed through teaching and education. In addition to training all of Pure’s financial advisors, Joe teaches retirement classes for prospective clients all across San Diego and online.
Since 2008, Joe has co-hosted Your Money, Your Wealth®, a consistently top-rated weekend financial talk radio program in San Diego. Evolving from the radio show’s success, in June 2014 Joe launched the first Your Money, Your Wealth® television broadcast in San Diego and on the popular YMYW YouTube channel, now with over 20,000 subscribers. The Your Money, Your Wealth® podcast followed in 2016 and now places regularly in Apple Podcasts’ Top 100 Investing Podcasts.
Prior to joining Pure, Joe worked for several years with one of the nation’s largest financial planning firms, where he was a financial advisor before becoming a district manager and then Vice President.
Beyond working with Pure Financial, Joe also participates in philanthropic activities. He’s also a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
Joe received a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from the University of Florida. He is a frequent speaker for a wide range of professional groups in San Diego County and enjoys playing golf and cheering for his alma mater, the Florida Gators.
Joseph Anderson is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
When we set out to design a financial services company that would inspire trust, we began by examining and addressing the common causes for distrust. Then, with guidance from respected academics and recognized industry professionals, we created a company that is, to the best of our knowledge, remarkably different from any other. Here's why:
- Advisor Compensation — Pure Financial Advisors is a fee-only advisory firm and your Pure Financial Advisors personal financial planner is a salaried-only employee who is never compensated by the sale of financial products or asset management fees.
- Credentialed & Competent — Pure Financial Advisors is registered with the SEC as a Registered Investment Advisor. Your Pure Financial Planner must have the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner credential CFP®, Certified Public Accountant CPA, or Chartered Financial Analyst CFA, plus the Accredited Investment Fiduciary credential (AIF®) and a minimum of five years of financial industry experience.
- Fiduciary Responsibility — By definition, a fiduciary is legally obligated to act in your best interest and avoid conflicts of interest. We put our fiduciary responsibility to you in writing with every service we offer.
- Comprehensive Planning — Your financial plan will combine investment planning, tax planning, estate planning and trust review, as subject to contract limitations. Implemented plans are regularly reviewed and updated to stay current.
- Lifetime Relevance — Your financial plan, tax strategies and investments stay current and relevant throughout your lifetime because it is a dynamic plan that is monitored and updated regularly.
- Simple, Well-Organized, Accessible — Your financial planner simplifies and organizes your accounts and documents, which you can access 24/7 on your personalized, encrypted website included with your plan implementation.
- Full Disclosure — You will know how we are compensated and how much because we provide you with a written quarterly report detailing your expenses and any compensation we may receive.
- Genuine Value — The price you pay is based on the financial plan and implementation package you select. Our management fee is for much more than asset management, it includes continuous comprehensive strategic planning from our highly qualified team.
- No Minimum Net Worth Required — Although we provide the complex and coordinated professional services valued by our high net worth clients, we do not impose a minimum net worth to become a client. Pure Financial was designed to allow the mass affluent access to the professional expertise demanded by the high net worth.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Joseph Anderson is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Joseph Anderson is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Joseph Anderson is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training empowers investment professionals with the fiduciary knowledge and tools they need to serve their clients’ best interests. Advisors who have earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation have gone through training, met the qualifications, and passed the exam allowing use of the AIF designation and they are immediately able to demonstrate the added value that they can bring to both existing and prospective clients.
Contact Joseph Anderson
3131 Camino Del Rio North
San Diego, CA 92108
2020 Main St.
Irvine, CA 92614
6320 Canoga Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
3040 Saturn Street
Brea, CA 92821