HC Financial Advisors, Inc.
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Lafayette, CA and Serving Clients Nationwide
As a Senior Financial Advisor and Principal, Karla focuses on providing financial planning services and retirement forecasts. Karla received her B.A. in Economics from the University of California at Davis and graduated with honors. She also received an MBA degree from Santa Clara University in 2001. She worked in the technology industry for about fifteen years, most recently for PeopleSoft, prior to becoming a financial planner. Karla works with families, young professionals, widows, and couples nearing and in retirement. Karla is also in charge of technology for the firm and is the Chief Compliance Offer.
Karla is an active member of both NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) and the FPA (Financial Planning Association) and is the 2014 Chair of the annual FPA Norcal Conference. She is also active in her community, volunteering time at her children’s schools, on the neighborhood Homeowner’s Association, and as a coach and volunteer for a variety of local sports leagues.
Karla McAvoy is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
HC Financial Advisors, Inc., founded in 1985, is a financial planning and investment advisory firm that offers services on a fee-only basis. We are based in Lafayette, California and have been serving clients throughout the Bay Area and beyond for nearly thirty years. Our goal is for our clients to achieve a successful and secure financial life. To accomplish this, we offer personalized service and work to build a trusted relationship with each of our clients using a team approach.
Our services include:
- Preparation of a comprehensive financial plan that identifies the client’s objectives and provides analysis of their assets, cash flow, insurance, income taxes, retirement needs, and estate planning needs.
- Development and implementation of an investment plan that balances the client’s specific need for growth and income with their tolerance for risk and portfolio volatility.
- Continuous monitoring of investments, markets, and the client’s situation.
- Rebalancing of investments and help managing cash flows into or out of the client’s investment accounts.
- Regular meetings with the client to review their goals and objectives, financial plans, and investments.
- Coordination with other professionals, including the client’s estate planning attorney, accountant, and/or insurance agent to ensure that all of the client’s financial needs are met.
- Portfolio reporting, including quarterly investment appraisals, year-end portfolio performance analysis, and annual tax reports.
We have built our business on the following principles:
- We want to provide personalized service that meets the individual needs and desires of our clients.
- Our clients are best served by a team of experienced and highly educated professionals working together.
- Effective financial management requires an integrated approach that includes both financial planning and investment management.
- Educating clients and helping them make prudent financial decisions is our responsibility as advisors.
- We take our fiduciary role seriously and believe it is important to earn your trust by consistently providing quality, informed and unbiased advice.
- Our approach to planning emphasizes a long term relationship with our clients and their families.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Karla McAvoy is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Karla McAvoy is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Karla McAvoy
3685 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549