CFP®, CAP®, CDFA®
Flourish Wealth Management®
Founder and President
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Edina, MN and Serving Clients Nationwide
Kathy Longo is an Edina, MN fee-only financial planner. Flourish Wealth Management® provides comprehensive wealth management, investment management and ESG investing to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Kathy Longo is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Kathy Longo brings over 25 years of expertise and experience to Flourish Wealth Management. Kathy is wholly dedicated to improving the life of each client and finds joy in making complex matters simple and easy to understand. She excels at asking the right questions, uncovering new possibilities and implementing the most advantageous strategies for success. Playing such a pivotal role in her clients’ lives remains an honor and a privilege. After earning a degree in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University, she began her career at a small firm in Palatine, Illinois where she worked directly with clients while learning to build a viable, client-centric business. Over the years, she gained extensive knowledge and wisdom working as a wealth manager, financial planner, firm manager and business owner at notable, various sized companies in both Chicago and Minneapolis.
As a leader within her field, Kathy has garnered a vast array of honors and recognitions. Continually dedicated to professional self-improvement, she has earned several industry-leading certifications and stays relevant and innovative through both community involvement projects and her work on a variety of local and national boards. Throughout her career, she maintained a desire to start a company of her own, focused on delivering her expertise to a dedicated group of clients. Flourish Wealth Management embodies the fruition of that dream and builds off a vast foundation of insight and experience.
Kathy has also recently made her debut as an author with the book Flourish Financially: Values, Transitions, and Big Conversations, which encourages a holistic and personalized approach to finance, discussing the fiscal and psychological aspects of big transitions and life events. Kathy prompts readers to reflect on their unique money story and advises on how to start productive conversations about money with those closest to them in order to create a plan that is best for everyone.
In 2020, Kathy took the book a step further by using the tips, concepts, and ideas she refined in Flourish Financially to start her own weekly mini-podcast and Alexa Skill the Flourish Financially Challenge.
Kathy lives in Minneapolis with her husband, Jay Pluimer, and their three children, Madeline, Fernando and Grace.
Kathy Longo is the Author of Flourish Financially: Values, Transitions, and Big Conversations
Honors & Recognitions
- Investopedia Top 100 Wealth Advisor, 2019, 2021 & 2022
- “Five Star Wealth Manager Award” 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- “Top 50 Women in Wealth Management” Wealth Manager Magazine, 2009
- "Future Star of The Financial Planning Profession" Financial Advisor Magazine, 2004
- “One of the nation’s Top 250 Wealth” Advisors Worth Magazine, 2008
- “Outstanding Professional Alumni Award” Purdue University Consumer and Family Sciences School, 2004
- Accredited Investors
- Family Financial Strategies
- American Express Trust Company
- Deloitte & Touche
- CCP Financial Planning
Professional & Community Involvement
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Moneyweave Academy to enhance the financial literacy and thus, the economic security of women and girls in the United States.
- Served on the Board of Directors for YWCA Minneapolis to eliminate racism and empower women and girls
- Served on Professional Advisor Committee for the Women's Foundation of Minnesota
- Member of Women Presidents' Organization (WPO)
- Member of Woman’s Club of Minneapolis
- Served on the Executive Board of Directors for Common Hope for nine years and as Chair of the Board for seven of those years to help Guatemalan children and families find new opportunities through education
- Served on the Board of the National Financial Planning Association and as President of the Minnesota Financial Planning Association
- Served on the Professional Advisor Committee for the Minneapolis Foundation
- Served on an advisory council with Purdue University
Kathy Longo is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Flourish Wealth Management is an independent, fee-only, boutique wealth management firm that provides hands-on expertise focused solely on the best interest of each client. Our proactive approach integrates industry-leading financial solutions combined with innovative strategies. At Flourish, our trusted advisors help ensure preparation for the future - no matter what it brings.
We bring the expertise and tools necessary to improve our clients’ lives. Flourish serves a dedicated group of clients through highly personal relationships. We listen. We ask the right questions. Taking the time to learn all the important details of life, including aspirations, values and passions, we can skillfully integrate all available resources to create expertly tailored planning. It is a place to Flourish!
Our team is excited to learn about your financial goals and work together to help you realize those dreams. Contact us to learn more at 952.392.4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Kathleen Longo is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Kathleen Longo is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Kathleen Longo is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Kathy Longo Holds the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®) Designation
The Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®) provides qualified financial professionals with the knowledge and tools needed to help clients articulate and advance their highest aspirations for self, family, and society. CAP® holders are part of a growing network of top planners who are working to make our towns and cities better places to live for generations to come.
Kathy Longo is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®)
A CDFA® professional is a financial professional skilled at analyzing data and providing expertise on the financial issues of divorce. The role of the CDFA® professional is to assist the client and his or her attorney to understand how the decisions he or she makes today will impact the client’s financial future. A CDFA® can take on many roles in the divorce process: Financial Expertise and Strategy, Data Collection and Analysis, Expert Presenter and Litigation Support. In some cases, CDFA® professionals are called upon to act as expert witnesses in court or in mediation proceedings.
Contact Kathy Longo
3300 Edinborough Way
Edina, MN 55435