The Arkansas Financial Group, Inc.
Fee-Only Financial Advisor serving the Little Rock, AR area.
Kristina Bolhouse is a Little Rock, AR fee-only financial planner. The Arkansas Financial Group, Inc. provides comprehensive and objective financial planning and investment management to help physicians and high income women organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Kristina is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Kristina Bolhouse is Vice-President and a shareholder of The Arkansas Financial Group, Inc. She graduated Cum Laude from Western Michigan University in 1989, where she received her B.B.A. in Business Administration. Kristina began her career as a licensed Certified Public Account (CPA) in the Lansing, Michigan office of Ernst & Young, L.P., focusing on audits of private and publicly held companies.
She later she switched her area of focus to taxes and personal financial planning. In 2000, she became Certified Financial Planner®. The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants has also awarded her the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation. She has been a shareholder of the Arkansas Financial Group, Inc. for over 20 years.
She continues to combine many elements of her CPA experience with her role as a financial planner and investment advisor, specifically regarding money management, fraud, estate planning, and tax planning. She has served as a discussion leader for the American Institute of CPAs, NAPFA and presented to the local estate planning counsel and Central Arkansas Chapter of the Arkansas Society of CPAs.
Her memberships include the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) Arkansas Society of CPAs, the Michigan Association of CPAs, and the American Institutes of CPAs (AICPA). She has served on multiple local boards. In 2021-2022, she served as the President of the Rotary Club of Little Rock, which is one of the largest clubs in the world. She previously served as President of Rotary Club of Little Rock Foundation. She continues to volunteer as the Arkansas Regional Representative for WeighDown Ministries. She is an active member of the Arkansas Women’s Leadership Forum.
She is married to Roger Bolhouse and enjoys living close to the Arkansas River. Her passions include travel, learning French, and enjoying the Arkansas State Parks. She also enjoys time with her five grandchildren.
Kristina Bolhouse is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Helping busy people make smart financial decisions.
Our happiest clients tend to share three characteristics: they are Collaberative Delegators, Disciplined Spenders and Realistic Investors. Read more about our Ideal Client… They are bright decision makers; who can openly share important facts, beliefs and goals; balance current consumption with building for a sound future; and recognize that in an uncertain financial world there are no easy, quick and certain solutions.
The details of our firm, our services and our contact information is available through the links listed on the left. Here are the key points that most prospective clients want to know about us:
• We are a holistic wealth management firm committed to helping our clients achieve long-term financial success. When we say “holistic,” we mean that we work with the “big picture” of your wealth, rather than simply its individual components. We examine relevant tax strategies, investment options, cash flow implications, estate planning issues, risk management approaches and available fringe benefits that may affect you in achieving your long-term goals.
• We act as a fiduciary for our clients. We receive no commissions or any third-party compensation. This allows us to reduce or eliminiate conflicts of interest and align ourselves with only you and your best interest in mind.
• We use a fee structure that is unique within our profession because it is affordable and fair, whether you are just getting started, are of modest means or have accumulated sizeable wealth.
• We know our business and have years of experience working as a professional team to help your plans become reality. We have specific knowledge in serving professionals in general, and physicians in particular.
At The Arkansas Financial Group we know that your financial life is complex, so we work with your broad, relevant facts to give you sound advice. This limits our availability for “project” work. We are not your firm if you are looking for:
• Ad hoc consultations or “quickie second opinions”;
• Management of a piece of your investment portfolio; or,
• Preparation of a plan that you will implement on your own.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Kristina Bolhouse is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Kristina Bolhouse is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Kristina Bolhouse is a Certified Public Accountant (Learn More)
Certified Public Accountants are licensed by the state and authorized by the state to practice public or private accounting. CPA licensing requirements are state specific, but typically include a bachelors degree with additional accounting coursework, successful completion of the Uniform CPA Exam, work experience, successful completion of an approved ethics course, and ongoing continuing education.
Kristina Bolhouse is a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
The Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credential is granted solely to CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) with considerable personal financial planning education and experience. All areas of personal financial planning—including estate, retirement, investments, and insurance—have tax implications, and the PFS professional has the experience, ethics, and expertise to get the job done right.
Kristina Bolhouse Has Received Training at the The Kinder Institute of Life Planning
The Kinder Institute trains and coaches financial advisors worldwide in a method we call financial Life Planning. This method is based on the premise that advisors should first discover a client’s most essential goals in life before formulating a financial plan, so a client’s finances fully support those goals.
Contact Kristina Bolhouse
1001 N. University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72207