Dr. Laura Mattia
Ph.D, MBA, CFP®
Stonegate Wealth Management, LLC.
Partner and Managing Director of Sarasota office
"As a full-time Sarasota resident, I am committed to serve our local community and help you make financial and investment decisions that improve your life."
Stonegate Wealth Management in Sarasota is a Fee-Only Investment Management and Financial Planning firm serving Sarasota, Bradenton, Longboat Key and Tampa. Stonegate Wealth Management provides financial planning and investment management to help clients grow and protect their assets through life's transitions.
The advisors at the firm are unique in being amongst the most financially educated and experienced in the nation, having advised CEOs of large and small businesses, individuals and families. The firm is especially expert in serving business owners, retirees, families in transition and women.
A former corporate financial executive, Dr. Laura Mattia is passionate about her ability to influence positive change in the financial industry. She is the founder of the Women’s Money Empowerment Network (www.womensmoneyempowermentnetwork.com) an educational/research project whose mission is to engage women in all areas of finance. Dr. Mattia is the author of the book "Gender On Wall Street: Uncovering Opportunities For Women In Financial Services" published June 2018 by Palgrave Macmillan and has many published academic and nonacademic financial work.
Dr. Mattia moved from New York city metro area in 2014 where Stonegate Wealth Management has been headquartered since 1993. Within five years she has created a new degree at Muma College of Business, USF in Personal Financial Planning - usf.edu., participated as Treasurer at Pine View school in Osprey, worked as a volunteer at Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC) and the Women's Resource Center (WRC), served as a board member of the Suncoast Financial Planning Association (FPA) and has offered several free Women’s Money Empowerment workshops for local women wanting to make better financial decisions. Her work in the community has not gone unnoticed and she was recognized as an Amazing Suncoast Woman by Suncoast View (ABC7) Television in Sarasota (see video). Dr. Mattia feels she is truly fortunate to call Sarasota home and continues to look for opportunities to support the community.
When she is not working, Dr. Laura enjoys hiking, yoga and meditation. Her daughter, Ally is attending University of Florida in Gainsville, FL and her other daughter Leamarie attends Pine View School in Osprey, FL. Her husband, Mark teaches AP Stats at the same school. The family attends Suncoast Community Church in Sarasota and is also actively involved in the community.
Dr. Laura Mattia is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
We go the extra mile to make sure our clients’ objectives are taken care of beyond their finances; we add our personal touch to every relationship our firm maintains. Our genuine desire to help individuals achieve their financial goals translates to excellent personalized service.
Expert Client Focus:
Our primary objective is providing service that is always in our clients’ best interest. We believe superior education/experience/ethics are required to achieve this objective.
Highly Educated Staff
- Every staff member at Stonegate holds a university degree and a CFP® as the minimum educational requirements to work at the firm.
- Clients are served by a team of highly qualified professionals, including CFPs®, CFAs, CHFC/CLUs, CPAs, MBAs, PhDs, published authors and academics in the personal finance domain.
Highly Experienced Staff
- Every client is served by a team of professionals.
- Each Stonegate team is led by an advisor with thirty years of finance experience, having advised CEO’s, CFO’s, Controllers, Wall Street Executives, Business Owners, Families and Individuals.
Highly Ethical Staff
- We are compensated on a fee-only basis, which means our only source of revenue is you, the client. We sell no products, and earn no commissions.
Nationally/Regionally Known Staff
- Our staff is highly qualified and frequently recognized as thought leaders in the industry both at the national and local levels for its achievements.
- We have access to many of the other thought leaders in the industry, sharing cutting edge research and tools to better serve clients.
- Clients have full access to our extensive referral network.
- We are committed to pursuing continuous professional and personal growth
Dr. Laura Mattia recognized as an Amazing Women on Suncoast View Television
A former corporate financial executive, Dr. Mattia is passionate about her ability to influence positive change in the financial industry. She is the founder of the Women’s Money Empowerment Network (www.womensmoneyempowermentnetwork.com) an educational/research project whose mission is to engage women in all areas of finance. Dr. Mattia also serves as the Program Director for the Financial Planning Degree at Muma College of Business, USF where she is training the next generation of ethical, educated, and inspired CFPs. She is actively involved with the Financial Planning Association (FPA), the National Association of Financial Planners (NAPFA) and the Certified Financial Planning designation (CFP). In addition, Dr. Mattia is the author of the book "Gender On Wall Street: Uncovering Opportunities For Women In Financial Services" published June 2018 by Palgrave Macmillan.
Why Investing in Women will Revolutionize the World | Laura Mattia | TEDxSaintMichaelsCollege
Laura Mattia believes that the Fifth Wave of the women’s movement is here – the key to gaining gender equality for tomorrow is to invest in women today. It will only happen when women participate in the most important decisions in our families, communities, work environments and the world which require an understanding about money. Laura is an educator, adviser, researcher, and author. She has over 30 years of financial leadership experience as a CFO/Controller for fortune 500 companies and as Partner of a fee-only wealth management firm. Laura is the Personal Financial Planning Program Director at University of South Florida where she developed a degree program to train future ethical financial advisors. She conducts leadership workshops for women in financial services to support success and retention. Laura is a local board member and women’s knowledge circle host of the Financial Planning Association. She received her Ph.D. in Personal Financial Planning from Texas Tech University, a Masters in Business Administration in Accounting/Finance and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Montclair State University. She is the author of “Gender On Wall Street: Uncovering Opportunities for Women in Financial Services” published by Palgrave Macmillan. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Trusted advice and custom solutions
- Creating income for retirement
- Investment management with less risk
- Comprehensive and personal financial planning
- Strategies for individuals in transition (widow, divorcee, business owner, retiring executive, new resident)
- Women and others looking for education and guidance from someone who cares.
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Widows and Divorcees
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Women and others looking for a personal touch, with full explanations and patience
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Laura Mattia is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Laura Mattia is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Laura Mattia is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Dr. Laura Mattia
1990 Main St
Sarasota, FL 34236