CFP®, CPA, PFS, AIF®
Foresight Capital Management Advisors, Inc.
Fee-Only financial planner located in Saline, MI, serving clients locally and across the country
Laurie Stegenga is President and founder of Foresight Capital Management Advisors, Inc. Her past financial work experience has spanned 32 years of managing and accounting for billions of dollars in investments. In 1983, Laurie began her career in big eight accounting, auditing large publicly traded corporations and performing audits and taxes for small entrepreneurial businesses. Five years later she joined Midwest Microwave, Inc. a defense manufacturing company as Chief Financial Officer and Human Resource Director.
In 1993, Laurie joined Alexander Hamilton Life Insurance Company as Manager of Investment Valuation and Statutory Reporting for their $7.3 billion portfolio. Several years later Laurie became a Divisional Director of Accounting and an international finance consultant for Thomson Publishing, Inc.
Then she joined a regional mid-west Registered Investment Advisory firm in 1998, to form and develop their retirement plan division. During her nine years, as Vice President, with the firm she assisted in growing the retirement plan division to a $140 million portfolio, which represented about forty percent of the assets under management for the firm. Laurie's expertise is in retirement plan services, providing on-site education and one-on-one personal financial planning for the employees, fiduciary consulting, and all aspects of personal wealth planning for the individual and family office. She was recently part of a team consulting project that was awarded a State of Michigan Business Innovation Award for 2008 with the 403(b) public school plans. Foresight Capital Management Advisors, Inc. was featured in the June, 2010 issue of Forbes Magazine-Michigan Financial. In 2016 Laurie was named a 2016 Detroit Five Star Wealth Manager and was featured in the June issue of HOUR Detroit, the July/August issue of DBusiness, and the September 12th 2016 issue of the Wall Street Journal.
Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting, Cum Laude, Eastern Michigan University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Financial Planner(TM)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary(TM)
- Personal Financial Specialist
- NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor
- Western Michigan Estate Planning Council
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants/ Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Fiduciary Society for Ethical Financial Practices
- Financial Planning Association
- Saline Chamber of Commerce
- March of Dimes Board Member for Fundraising
- Saline Community Hospital Auxiliary
- Who's Who in Executives and Professionals
- Wood Badge Achievement Boy Scouts of America
- Past Executive Member of Ann Arbor Women's City Club
Articles and Presentations
- Low Cost Investing – The Costly Approach?, white paper, copyright June 2016, Laurie S. Stegenga
Saline Community Education Program May-August 2016, "Investments 101 and Beyond"
Saline Community Education Series, March 2015
- "How to Prepare Your Portfolio for Retirement Distribution"
- "Options Strategies for Income Generation & Risk Reduction"
- Target Date Funds "The Next Retirement Debacle", white paper copyright February 2014, Laurie S. Stegenga
- 2013 National AIF Conference interviewed and an on-line video created regarding Foresight's investment processes for portfolio selection and rebalance
- Florida Virtual School Presentation, "Retirement Planning Utilizing your 403(b)" March 2013
- Foresight Webinars: February 2013
- "How to Successfully Shift from Asset Gathering to Income Generation"
- "How to Successfully Launch your First Career and Payback your Debts"
- Interviewed and Quoted in the Investment News, article regarding Iowa caucuses and GOP Presidential contenders, week of January 9-13-2012
- AFT Retiree State Conventions-“Stop, Think, and $ave” and “Retirement Financial Security & Stability”
- A Thorough Study of Retirement Plan Fees
- Roth 401(k) Feature: The Power of the Roth
- Section 404(c) Compliance Checklist
- Investment Fiduciary Checklist
- Charitable Gifting Tax Strategies
- Monte Carlo - A Great Tool When Used Wisely
- The 401(k) versus Simple 401(k)
- College Savings: 529 Plans
- Healthcare in Retirement: HSAs and HRAs a Comparison
- 401(k)'s and IRA's a Comparison
- IRA Conversions to Roths: Get Ready for 2010
- MACPAs Presentations 2001-2003, 2005, 2006, and 2008
- Fiduciary Consulting for the State of Michigan education facilities
Laurie Stegenga is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Foresight Capital Management Advisors, Inc. (FCMA) professionals have been offering financial services for over 40 years.
Foresight’s team of advisors have professional designations including CPA, PFS, CFP®, AIF®, and AAMS. Foresight offers a wealth of services to individuals, businesses, and organizations covering investment strategies, financial planning, retirement plan services, estate planning, business succession planning, and family office planning and duties. Foresight financial advisors are committed to understanding your unique life goals and developing a comprehensive/targeted strategy that will encompass all aspects of financial situations you request. Tax planning is essential to wise investment strategies. Our CPA/PFS provides continuous tax monitoring for our clients. Continuing education is a part of all of our advisors yearly training, including ethical governance by five National and State Boards – AICPA, CEFEX®, CFP®, MICPA, and NAPFA. We offer a state-of-the-art retirement plan service to your company that is managed by an AIF® (Accredited Investment Fiduciary). The AIF® holds the mission of promoting global fiduciary standards of excellence and works in conjunction with the CEFEX organization to provide thorough, repeatable investment research and process standards, for Investment Stewards, Investment Advisors, and Investment Managers of companies and organizations. Foresight is a registered firm with NAPFA.org.
The mission of our company is founded in our name Foresight, which means with prudence and care to plan for the future.
At FCMA we offer un-biased wealth management advice and service to assist our clients in meeting their lifetime and legacy goals.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Laurie Stegenga is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Laurie Stegenga is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Laurie Stegenga is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Laurie Stegenga
1705 Woodland Drive E, Ste 204
Saline, MI 48176