Maya Advisors, Inc.
President & Founder
Maya Advisors, Inc.
President & Founder
As a fee-only financial planner, your financial well-being is our focus; and you achieving your goals is our goal - Lavina Nagar, CFP®
Fee-Only financial planner located in Palo Alto, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Lavina Nagar is a Palo Alto, CA fee-only financial planner. Maya Advisors, Inc. provides comprehensive financial planning and portfolio management to help busy professionals, women, and individuals planning for retirement organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions.
As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Lavina Nagar is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Lavina Nagar is a Palo Alto, CA fee-only financial planner. Maya Advisors, Inc. provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management services to individuals and families.
Our focus is to guard our clients' wealth and financial well-being by assisting them navigate life events, so they can focus on what is important to them.
Financial planning is a second career for me. I hold dual Masters in Mathematics & Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, India, and an undergraduate degree in Mathematics & Economics. Before founding Maya Advisors in 2007, I worked in the financial services industry for more than fifteen years at corporations like Reuters, Sungard, and Misys, working on solutions for investment banks and other global financial institutions.
I founded Maya Advisors when faced with a life transition myself. Since then, life has taken me on many other journeys. Some expected, some unexpected. Some happy, and some challenging. Through all these very different experiences, I found one common thread. When life overwhelms you, need of a trusted partner is most acute. Someone who not only cares, but can also provide guidance with professional objectivity.
This realization has impacted my decision on whom to serve, and how to serve. If you are going through a life transition, and want a partner whom you can trust, it will be my honor to serve you. I promise you that at Maya Advisors, we will support you through good and bad, we will walk with you, and we will look out for you - with integrity and accountability.
In addition to helping my clients with their financial planning and investment needs, I am also an active member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). I have served on the board of the Silicon Valley chapter of FPA as its Treasurer for three years. I am also a volunteer for the Family Services of Santa Clara to provide financial literacy training to youth participants in their programs.
I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional or CFP® professional, and a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), a nationwide association of independent, fee-only financial planners.
Maya Advisors, Inc. is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the State of California.
Lavina Nagar is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Maya Advisors provides financial planning and investment management services to individuals and families.
Our goal is to be the resource for all financial needs of our clients. Our focus is to guard our clients' wealth and financial well-being by assisting them navigate life events, so they can focus on what is important to them. We strive to stay open and transparent in our process.
Our services include:
* Financial Assessment: To understand our clients' current finances, we perform an in depth review of their assets, liabilities, income, insurance, taxes, investments and estate plan.
* Investment Management: We identify the appropriate level of risk and return based on financial objectives and risk tolerance of each client. Based on this and other related information, we design and monitor investment portfolio consistent with client profile and financial objectives.
* Concentrated Stock Planning: We help with modeling of stock options gains, ESPP, RSUs and their tax implications & best strategies for exercise and diversification of highly concentrated stock holdings
* Retirement Planning: We help target a retirement age and savings required for retirement, by analyzing the interplay between retirement, investment choices, and other financial objectives.
* Risk Management: We review exposure to various risks of loss to identify potential insurance deficiencies and ascertain need for additional coverage. Our review includes insurances covering home, automobiles, personal liability, life, disability and long term care exposures.
We are fee-only and sell no products and receive no commissions or compensation from other professionals. We operate on our clients' behalf with no bias while seeking to mitigate any conflicts of interest.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Lavina Nagar is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Lavina Nagar is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Lavina Nagar is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Lavina Nagar is Quoted on 401k.com: "How to Maximize Your 401(k) Match"
Lavina Nagar is Quoted in US News and World Report: "401(k) Mistakes to Avoid"
Lavina Nagar is Quoted in the Harvard Business Review: "Income Inequality, by Chance or by Choice"
Lavina Nagar is Quoted on WTOP News: "How to Maximize Your 401(k) Match"
Lavina Nagar was a Panelist for the Financial Planning Assocation of Silicon Valley Student Forum Meeting: "Working with Affiliated Professionals"
Lavina Nagar Served on the Speaker Selection Committee for the 2020 FPA Far West Roundup
Lavina Nagar is an Instructor at UCSC Silicon Valley
Contact Lavina Nagar
2225 E Bayshore Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303