I provide guidance in all areas of personal finance including tax planning, employer stock, retirement planning, investments, estate planning, education funding, and preparing for the purchase of a home or investment property. - Liz Sylvan, CFP®, CDFA®
Fee-Only financial planner located in Brooklyn, NY, serving clients locally and across the country
Liz Sylvan is a Brooklyn, NY fee-only financial planner. Cultivating Wealth provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to help entreprenures, women, Generation X and Millenials organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Liz Sylvan is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Liz Sylvan, CFP®, CDFA® , is a fee-only financial advisor at The Stanich Group, located in Brooklyn, NY. She works collaboratively with individuals and families to enable them to move confidently toward their financial and life goals. She provides guidance in all areas of personal finance including tax planning, retirement planning, investments, estate planning, education funding, and preparing for the purchase of a home or investment property.
Liz Sylvan is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Looking for help to simplify your complex financial life and cultivate wealth?
It’s easy to get started. Take a look at our options below to see what is right for you.
Want to learn more about financial matters, but too busy to dedicate the time? Do you have a nagging feeling that you should be taking care of financial business, but not sure what to do next?
We build long term relationships to understand your financial needs, help you organize, prioritize and get your financial plan on track.
Ongoing Financial Planning Includes:
- Initial development of your financial goals and plan
- Semi annual review meeting (in person or online)
- Investment recommendations and implementation (optional)
- Advice on as needed basis: annual benefits enrollment review, tax planning discussions, refinancing, job transitions, etc
- Monthly services calendar of financial planning topics
- Email access to a Certified Financial Planner professional (CFP®).
- Access to our network of professionals (legal, tax and real estate resources) to help you implement your plan.
Cost: Initial setup fee, followed by annual financial planning fee which may be billed monthly.
Financial planning fees waived with investment management of assets greater than $500,000.
Schedule a Free Intro Call to Get Started
Have your investments underperformed, but you aren’t sure how to make things better? Do you have accounts “all over the place” due to job changes and abandoned plans to start investing on your own? Do you find the multitude of investment choices out there a little overwhelming?
If you are looking for objective advice to help you build your overall investment portfolio, we can help.
Investment Management Includes:
- Goal-focused financial plan
- Investment recommendations & implementation
- Account opening and maintenance (third party custodian)
- Investment rebalancing as needed (usually 1-2 times annually)
- Ongoing financial planning (see above) included at no additional charge with investment management of assets greater than $500,000.
Cost: Investment advisory fee is typically* 1.00% of assets under management annually.
*Reduced with assets over $5,000,000
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Divorce Financial Analysis
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Liz Sylvan is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Liz Sylvan is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Liz Sylvan is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®)
A CDFA® professional is a financial professional skilled at analyzing data and providing expertise on the financial issues of divorce. The role of the CDFA® professional is to assist the client and his or her attorney to understand how the decisions he or she makes today will impact the client’s financial future. A CDFA® can take on many roles in the divorce process: Financial Expertise and Strategy, Data Collection and Analysis, Expert Presenter and Litigation Support. In some cases, CDFA® professionals are called upon to act as expert witnesses in court or in mediation proceedings.
Contact Liz Sylvan
41 Schermerhorn St
Brooklyn, NY 11201