Pure Financial Advisors, LLC
Founding Memeber, Senior Financial Planner
Pure Financial Advisors, LLC
Founding Memeber, Senior Financial Planner
As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Matt Balderston, CFP®, AIF®
Fee-Only financial planner located in San Diego, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Matt Balderston is a San Diego, CA fee-only financial planner. Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. provides comprehensive financial planning and investment planning to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Matt Balderston is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Matt Balderston is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. After 10 years as an engineer, Matt decided to pursue a long-held passion and shifted his career to finance. He attained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation. Prior to becoming a fee-only advisor Matt also held the FINRA series 7 and 63 financial licenses. Since 2002, Matt has written financial plans for a successful financial planning firm. That experience and his 10 years as an engineer designing processes brings a level of critical thinking and detail that made him an ideal candidate to be a founding staff member and Financial Planner with Pure Financial Advisors. His success as a financial planner can be directly attributed to his detailed approach and commitment to quality advice and superior service for each client. Matt is married and is the father of two sons. For six months out of every year, he tortures himself by being a huge Padres fan.
Matt Balderston is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
When we set out to design a financial services company that would inspire trust, we began by examining and addressing the common causes for distrust. Then, with guidance from respected academics and recognized industry professionals, we created a company that is, to the best of our knowledge, remarkably different from any other. Here's why:
- Advisor Compensation — Pure Financial Advisors is a fee-only advisory firm and your Pure Financial Advisors personal financial planner is a salaried-only employee who is never compensated by the sale of financial products or asset management fees.
- Credentialed & Competent — Pure Financial Advisors is registered with the SEC as a Registered Investment Advisor. Your Pure Financial Planner must have the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner credential CFP®, Certified Public Accountant CPA, or Chartered Financial Analyst CFA, plus the Accredited Investment Fiduciary credential (AIF®) and a minimum of five years of financial industry experience.
- Fiduciary Responsibility — By definition, a fiduciary is legally obligated to act in your best interest and avoid conflicts of interest. We put our fiduciary responsibility to you in writing with every service we offer.
- Comprehensive Planning — Your financial plan will combine investment planning, tax planning, estate planning and trust review, as subject to contract limitations. Implemented plans are regularly reviewed and updated to stay current.
- Lifetime Relevance — Your financial plan, tax strategies and investments stay current and relevant throughout your lifetime because it is a dynamic plan that is monitored and updated regularly.
- Simple, Well-Organized, Accessible — Your financial planner simplifies and organizes your accounts and documents, which you can access 24/7 on your personalized, encrypted website included with your plan implementation.
- Full Disclosure — You will know how we are compensated and how much because we provide you with a written quarterly report detailing your expenses and any compensation we may receive.
- Genuine Value — The price you pay is based on the financial plan and implementation package you select. Our management fee is for much more than asset management, it includes continuous comprehensive strategic planning from our highly qualified team.
- No Minimum Net Worth Required — Although we provide the complex and coordinated professional services valued by our high net worth clients, we do not impose a minimum net worth to become a client. Pure Financial was designed to allow the mass affluent access to the professional expertise demanded by the high net worth.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Matt Balderston is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Matt Balderston is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Matt Balderston is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training empowers investment professionals with the fiduciary knowledge and tools they need to serve their clients’ best interests. Advisors who have earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation have gone through training, met the qualifications, and passed the exam allowing use of the AIF designation and they are immediately able to demonstrate the added value that they can bring to both existing and prospective clients.
Pure Financial Advisors Named as one of the Top 100 Wealth Managers by RIA Channel. Pure Financial ranked number 39 out of 100.
Pure Financial Advisors Named to the 2019 Inc. 5000: The Most Successful Companies in America
Pure Financial Advisors Named to the Financial Times 300 List: The Top US Registered Investment Advisers in 2019
Contact Matt Balderston
3131 Camino Del Rio North
San Diego, CA 92108
2020 Main St.
Irvine, CA 92614
6320 Canoga Ave
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
3040 Saturn Street
Brea, CA 92821