Pure Financial Advisors, Inc.
Fee-Only financial planner located in San Diego, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Matt is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. After 10 years as an engineer, Matt decided to pursue a long-held passion and shifted his career to finance. He attained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation. Prior to becoming a fee-only advisor Matt also held the FINRA series 7 and 63 financial licenses. Since 2002, Matt has written financial plans for a successful financial planning firm. That experience and his 10 years as an engineer designing processes brings a level of critical thinking and detail that made him an ideal candidate to be a founding staff member and financial planner with Pure Financial Advisors. His success as a Financial Advisor can be directly attributed to his detailed approach and commitment to quality advice and superior service for each client. Matt is married and the father of two sons. For six months out of every year, he tortures himself by being a huge Padres fan.
Professional Designations & Licenses:
- Certified Financial Planner™ Professional (CFP®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
Matt Balderston is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
When we set out to design a financial services company that would inspire trust, we began by examining and addressing the common causes for distrust. Then, with guidance from respected academics and recognized industry professionals, we created a company that is, to the best of our knowledge, remarkably different from any other. Here's why:
- Advisor Compensation — Pure Financial Advisors is a fee-only advisory firm and your Pure Financial Advisors personal financial planner is a salaried-only employee who is never compensated by the sale of financial products or asset management fees.
- Credentialed & Competent — Pure Financial Advisors is registered with the SEC as a Registered Investment Advisor. Your Pure Financial Planner must have the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner credential CFP®, Certified Public Accountant CPA, or Chartered Financial Analyst CFA, plus the Accredited Investment Fiduciary credential (AIF®) and a minimum of five years of financial industry experience.
- Fiduciary Responsibility — By definition, a fiduciary is legally obligated to act in your best interest and avoid conflicts of interest. We put our fiduciary responsibility to you in writing with every service we offer.
- Comprehensive Planning — Your financial plan will combine investment planning, tax planning, estate planning and trust review, as subject to contract limitations. Implemented plans are regularly reviewed and updated to stay current.
- Lifetime Relevance — Your financial plan, tax strategies and investments stay current and relevant throughout your lifetime because it is a dynamic plan that is monitored and updated regularly.
- Simple, Well-Organized, Accessible — Your financial planner simplifies and organizes your accounts and documents, which you can access 24/7 on your personalized, encrypted website included with your plan implementation.
- Full Disclosure — You will know how we are compensated and how much because we provide you with a written quarterly report detailing your expenses and any compensation we may receive.
- Genuine Value — The price you pay is based on the financial plan and implementation package you select. Our management fee is for much more than asset management, it includes continuous comprehensive strategic planning from our highly qualified team.
- No Minimum Net Worth Required — Although we provide the complex and coordinated professional services valued by our high net worth clients, we do not impose a minimum net worth to become a client. Pure Financial was designed to allow the mass affluent access to the professional expertise demanded by the high net worth.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Matt Balderston is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Matt Balderston is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Matt Balderston
3131 Camino del Rio N
San Diego, CA 92108
2010 Main St.
Irvine, CA 92614
21900 Burbank Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367