Wacker Wealth Partners
Fee-Only financial planner located in San Luis Obispo, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Meet Megan Carden
Megan Carden, CFP®, has always had a knack for numbers. It was not until she joined Wacker Wealth Partners in 2015 as an Analyst that she began to envision a pathway to becoming a Financial Advisor and using her math prowess to help people. Within a year, she had earned her CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification and today partners with clients to coordinate all areas of their finances to help reach their goals.
The gusto that Megan applied to earning her CFP® credential is how she approaches life in general. While attending Lees-McRae College in Banner Elk, N.C., she embraced life as both a full-time student and a full-time athlete in volleyball—and still graduated summa cum laude. Megan loves working with similarly motivated clients who get excited to see the impact our firm can have on their lives. She also enjoys working with dynamic single women and serving as a resource for support and reassurance.
You may know her as Megan Mitchell, but after her marriage to her husband Ryan this summer, she goes by Megan Carden. When she is not in the office, Megan can be found playing volleyball at the beach, enjoying barbecues with her family, and teaching new tricks to her border collie. She also recently picked up painting again and is creating greeting cards featuring her work.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP Board of Standards
- Bachelor of Science, Finance & Marketing (Minor in Psychology), Lees-McRae College
MEMBERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Member, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Advisory Committee Member, Women’s Legacy Fund
- Leader, Young 100 group within the Women’s Legacy Fund
- Volunteer, Night of a Million Meals event (via Meals That Connect)
Megan Carden is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Megan Carden is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Contact Megan Carden
892 Aerovista Place
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401