The Planning Center, Inc.
Sr. Financial Planner & Partner
Build Confidence In Your Financial Future. Serving clients regardless of location, with offices throughout the United States.
My ultimate responsibility as a financial planner is to serve my clients and help them achieve their personal and financial goals. As a result, I am committed to the comprehensive financial planning approach, and understand that each facet of a client’s financial life has an impact on the others. I help people navigate the transitions of life, aid GenX professionals and GenX families in preparing for the future, and work extensively with clients to develop income plans for their retirement years.
Outwardly, my “career highlight” is serving and leading my profession as President of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). That said, the satisfaction we planners get in helping our clients achieve their financial goals, and in guiding them through life’s ebbs and flows, is more important than any personal accolades. I have the opportunity to help people achieve all that life has to offer, which assures us of incredible variety in our work and in our relationships.
When I am not working I strive to live a life of health and happiness, and learn to take life as it comes. You will typically find me on my off days attending, along with my wife, the various sports and activities in which my children participate. I also enjoy traveling, camping, hiking, canoeing, and other outdoor endeavors.
Affiliations: Fee-Only Planning
Areas of Expertise: Retirement accumulation and income solution strategies, transition planning, annual tax planning
Memberships: Financial Planning Association (FPA), National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Served as President of FPA, the youngest in FPA’s history, in 2013.
- Served as Chair of FPA’s Advocacy Committee in 2015.
- Served as Chairman of FPA’s Board of Directors in 2014.
- Served as FPA President-Elect, and a member of FPA’s executive Committee in 2012.
- Elected to the FPA Board of Directors, to serve the 24,000 members of the organization, for three-year term beginning in 2009 (2009-2011).
- Served in executive leadership for NexGen, FPA’s community for financial planners under the age of 36 years old, as President (2007) and Chair (2008).
- Served on the FPA of MN Board of Directors as Director- Membership Services (2008).
- Served on the FPA of MN Board of Directors as Director- Career Development (2006-2007).
- Served as a member of the FPA of MN Government Relations Committee (2001-2003).
- Has personally advocated in Washington D.C. on behalf of FPA (in Congress, the executive branch, and at the Department of Labor) to ensure that clients can expect a Fiduciary Standard of Care when working with a financial planner, financial advisor, or any financial professional where advice is given.
- Has been quoted in numerous consumer and trade publications over his 16 year career, including the Wall Street Journal, Marketwatch, The Journal of Financial Planning, Money Magazine, and The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, to name a few.
Michael Branham is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
The TPC Process
We believe that all financial decisions are emotional decisions, and in order to make more effective decisions, everyone needs an objective third party to talk about life and money. The Planning Center provides a safe place for you to discuss what matters most to you and your family with a team of trusted financial advisors. Our goal is to help you make better decisions as you navigate life's transitions and guide you toward the life you would like to have.
What To Expect
Our financial planning process begins with you. We'll organize your current financial situation and set expectations and goals unique to your perspectives and wishes. With this shared understanding, we can discuss strategies and tactics to achieve your goals together.
Build Confidence In Your Financial Future
We believe that your wealth and life should be in balance. No matter what stage of life you are in, you are impacted by these eight financial categories detailed on our services page. We will work with you to address issues and identify opportunities to track and grow your progress toward better wealth life balance.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Michael Branham is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Michael Branham is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Michael Branham is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Michael Branham
1407 W 31st Ave
Anchorage, AK 99503
7084 E Fish Lake Rd
Maple Grove, MN 55311