As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Michael Joyce, CFP®, CFA®
Fee-Only financial planner located in Richmond, VA, serving clients locally and across the country
Meet Michael Joyce
As the founder and president of the firm, Michael Joyce is responsible for the strategic direction of our clients’ financial lives as well as for that of the Agili team. With more than 35 years of experience, Michael has extensive expertise in providing our clients with financial strategy, investment management and financial planning.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, The Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Business Administration, Drexel University
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Awards and Recognition
- America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, Barron’s
- FT300, Top Registered Investment Advisers, Financial Times
- Best Financial Advisors for Doctors, Medical Economics
- Best Financial Advisors for Dentists, Dental Practice Management
- Five Star Wealth Managers, Richmond Magazine
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), Chairman Emeritus
- NAPFA Board of Directors of the NAPFA Consumer Education Foundation, Chairman
- Board of Directors of the Virginia Small Business Financing Authority, Current Board of Directors and Former Vice-Chairman
- Leadership Lehigh Valley Class of 1995
- Lead Virginia Class of 2015
- The Richmond Forum, Board of Directors and Investment Committee
- Benedictine Education Foundation, Treasurer and Chairman of the Investment Committee
- Lead Virginia Endowment, Investment Committee
What is a career highlight for you?
A game changer for Agili was when Worth Magazine recognized me as one on the top 250 financial advisors in the US in 1997. Since then, we have been recognized as a top financial management firm by Barron’s, the Financial Times, Medical Economics, etc. This is a testament to the quality job we do for our clients.
Michael Joyce is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Michael Joyce is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Contact Michael Joyce
1806 Summit Ave
Richmond, VA 23230