Ark Royal Wealth Management
We help successful people make smart decisions about money.
Prior to founding Ark Royal Wealth Management in 2015, Mike Palmer spent over twenty-five years in the trust and wealth management fields.
Mr. Palmer’s career includes financial advisory and senior management positions at Central Carolina Bank, First Union National Bank and Trust Company of the South. Mr. Palmer is a graduate of Broughton High School and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
Mr. Palmer is an active member in several professional organizations including the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Wake County Estate Planning Council. In 2006 he was one of ten advisors from across the nation to be selected to serve on TIAA-CREF’s Board of Financial Advisors.
He was a founding member of the Dimensional Fund Advisors National Study Group (DFA NSG), comprised of ten advisors from several of the country’s leading independent Registered Investment Advisory firms. His civic involvement includes membership on the Administrative Board of his church, the UNC Educational Foundation’s Planned Giving Council and the Lacy Foundation Board. His past service includes serving on the boards of North Carolina Amateur Sports and the Raleigh Capitals Athletic Association.
Mr. Palmer is a frequent writer and speaker, having articles published on financial planning and investing. He has been quoted on a variety of financial planning topics by national publications including Investment News, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Wealth Manager and SmartMoney. Mike and his wife, Meredith, have four children. He has coached youth baseball and basketball and enjoyed a decade long career as a Division I basketball referee.
Mike Palmer is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
We help successful people make smart decisions about money. We do that by:
- Nurturing a culture that puts our client’s interest first – always
- Being truthful and intellectually honest with ourselves and with our clients, even if it is difficult or uncomfortable
- Committing to lifelong learning and applying our wisdom efficiently and effectively every day
- Aligning what we say, what we do and what we think to honor ourselves, our families and our firm
Who We Serve:
Most have some degree of complexity in their life or financial situation. All are comfortable delegating to a trusted advisor. Many prefer to spend their time on their life’s passions (whatever those may be) preferring to delegate the day-to-day management of their financial affairs to a trusted professional.
We have discovered some “niches” within our clientele that you may find similar to your situation.
- Women of Wealth – Some of our clients are wives of successful professionals, some are widowed or divorced. Irrespective of how they came to it, they serve as the “family treasurer.” These are capable, smart women who like to be informed and educated on matters related to their financial situation, but who don’t want to be burdened with managing the details day in, day out.
- Successful Professionals – We work with a number of physicians, attorneys and business executives who are career focused and possess the self -awareness of “knowing what they don’t know.” They find peace of mind in working with a trusted professional who brings cohesion to the various moving parts of their financial situation. They value meaningful periodic updates on progress, while also looking to us to proactively identify potential challenges and devising possible solutions.
- Retirees – We serve a growing group of retirees, folks who prefer to pursue non-career interests like family, travel or volunteer work. They’ve been fiscally prudent during their working careers, accumulating sizeable nest eggs and want the freedom in retirement to “outsource” the minutiae of their finances to an expert. Many have done a great job of accumulating wealth, but need professional guidance in devising a plan and investment strategy to make sure they don’t outlive their assets. They realize at this stage in life, they won’t get a second chance if they get it wrong.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Mike Palmer is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Mike Palmer is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Ark Royal Wealth Management has access to Dimensional Funds
The Dimensional approach focuses on academic research that isolates the factors that tend to outperform the broad market over long time periods and the risk characteristics that can be eliminated from a portfolio. While indexes are simply measures of an asset class, DFA funds aim to efficiently capture the excess returns of an asset class without taking uncompensated risk—and at a low cost.
Contact Mike Palmer
3700 National Dr. Suite 218
Raleigh, NC 27612
192 Longview Drive
Littleton, NC 27850