As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Patrick Chu, CPA/PFS, CFP®
Fee-Only financial planner located in Irvine, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Patrick Chu is a Irvine, CA fee-only financial planner. marrick wealth provides comprehensive and objective financial planning and investment management to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Patrick Chu is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Patrick Chu is a fee-only financial advisor and co founder of marrick wealth, located in Irvine, CA. He is responsible for establishing and managing relationships with high net worth individuals. He began his career in 2003 at The Ayco Company, L.P., a Goldman Sachs Company, counseling high net worth individuals in the areas of income tax, investments, and retirement planning. Patrick has also worked at Macias, Gini & O’Connell LLP and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, advising clients on complex tax issues. Most recently, he was a VP of Wealth Management at MullinTBG Advisors.
Patrick spent his youth in Sacramento, California. After meeting his wife, Linda, in Cornell’s MBA program, he moved to Orange County, where they live with their two daughters. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, improving his golf game, and managing his fantasy football team. He also enjoys cooking, movie-watching, and traveling.
• MBA, Cornell University – The Johnson Graduate School of Management
• BS, Business Administration – University of Southern California
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional (CFP®)
• American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
• California Society of CPAs (CalCPA) – Financial Planning Committee Chair (OC/LB)
• National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
• Orange County Estate Planning Council (OCEPC)
• Sports Teams: Sacramento Kings, SF 49ers, SF Giants, USC Football!
• Movies: Old School, Zoolander, Gladiator, The Tourist
• Foods: Apple Fritters, Well Done Animal Fries, Lamb Vindaloo, Tacos al Pastor
• Apps: Words with Friends, ESPN, Uber
Patrick Chu is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
marrick wealth is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in Irvine, CA providing financial planning and investment management services to wealthy families throughout California. The company was founded in 2012 by Marty McNamara and Patrick Chu, two CPA financial planners with a shared vision and unique credentials– the CPA and CFP®.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Patrick Chu is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Patrick Chu is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Patrick Chu is a Certified Public Accountant (Learn More)
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a professional accountant who has met the education and experience requirements set by their state's Board of Accountancy and has passed the Uniform CPA Exam. CPAs are licensed to provide a wide range of accounting services, including financial statement preparation, tax planning and preparation, auditing, consulting, and other financial advisory services.
Patrick Chu is a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
The Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credential is granted solely to CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) with considerable personal financial planning education and experience. All areas of personal financial planning—including estate, retirement, investments, and insurance—have tax implications, and the PFS professional has the experience, ethics, and expertise to get the job done right.
Contact Patrick Chu
2211 Michelson Dr
Irvine, CA 92612