CFP®, CLU®, MBA
Triad Financial Advisors
Fee-Only Financial Planner and Investment Adviser helping clients LIVE WITH INTENTION
Patrick Rush has been providing financial planning and investment advice since 1998. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor. Prior to merging with TFA in 2012, Patrick was the President of Independent Wealth Management. He also served individuals and families as a Vice President and Senior Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Greensboro.
Patrick believes that finding qualified, independent and conflict-free financial advice should not be difficult for investors. In addition, he believes investors do not need to predict the future in order to be successful at investing. He is proud that TFA is a fee-only firm with a commitment and legal responsibility to act as a full-time fiduciary for their clients. Patrick is passionate about raising the level of financial education in the community and thus authored Retirement 101 in 2011. He teaches the course to adults at Greensboro College where he has been an adjunct instructor since 2007.
Patrick resides in Greensboro, NC with his wife, Dr. Christina Rush, their daughter Havana, and twin boys, Walker and Quincy.
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- MBA - Finance
- B.S. - Financial Markets & Trading
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- Chartered Life Underwriter®
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors - #7 in North Carolina (2017)
- Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers (2016 and 2017)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP)
- Leadership Greensboro (2015-16)
- Adjunct faculty at Greensboro College (2017 - present)
- Adjunct faculty at Guilford College (2007- present)
- Greensboro Police Citizen's Academy (2018)
- March of Dimes Central NC Board of Directors (2018 - present)
- Chair of the Greensboro Signature Chefs Auction (2017)
- Ambassador Family (2016)
- Executive Leadership Team (March for Babies)
- Executive Leadership Team (Signature Chefs)
- Chairman of the Young Professionals Board of the North Carolina Chapter (2014-2015)
Patrick Rush is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
A successful investment experience does not mean we need to predict the future. Our goal is to preserve and grow your assets with a sophisticated mix of diversified, low cost and tax-efficient investment opportunities. We believe in growing wealth over the long-term by implementing a thoughtful and disciplined approach. Our investment philosophy involves a high regard for research, process and time-tested data to give investors a higher likelihood of success over time.
Investing can be emotional. Therefore, your investments should not be based solely on a risk profile questionnaire. Your investments should consider your tolerance for risk, but also the required risk to meet all of your goals. TFA strives to gain a deep understanding of your life goals and needs to make prudent investment recommendations as fiduciaries.
Because we don’t take sales commissions or other fees common to the brokerage business, our investment recommendations and advice are objective, unbiased and free of conflicts.
Building a blueprint for success is essential. Financial planning goes well beyond simply managing your money. TFA helps clients develop strategies to create the future you want for yourself and your family. We take time to hear about your dreams and aspirations so we can customize a plan to help you achieve them.
TFA surveys your entire financial landscape and helps you focus on your personal net worth statement. Our trained and credentialed CFPs collaborate with your other professionals to gain a deep understanding of your specific needs. Your team will help prepare you for retirement as well as see you through it by creating a comprehensive, integrated and actionable plan that takes the most important financial considerations into account.
Because we serve as full-time fiduciaries, rest assured we are putting your interests first.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Patrick Rush is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Patrick Rush is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Patrick Rush is a Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
A Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) is a professional designation for individuals specializing in life insurance and estate planning. Individuals must complete five core courses and three elective courses, and successfully pass all eight two-hour, 100-question examinations in order to receive the CLU® designation.
Contact Patrick Rush
3623 N. Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27455