Piermont Wealth Management Inc.
Fee-Only financial planner located in Melville, NY, serving clients locally and across the country
Mr. Capell has been educating and assisting individuals and families with retirement, financial, & estate planning for over 25 years. He focuses on each client’s financial needs, be it capital preservation or growth, income at retirement, and/or tax planning, and provides a comprehensive, personal plan to achieve his client’s objectives. Mr. Capell builds a portfolio asset allocation suitable to his client’s goals and risk tolerance and then provides ongoing investment management services. Philip is married with two sons and a daughter residing on Long Island, New York. He is a multi-marathon finisher and an Ironman triathlon finisher.
Here is some additional information about Mr. Capell:
College: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, B.S.
Law School: Washington School of Law, American University, Washington D.C., J.D.
Graduate School: Pace University, New York, New York, M.S. in Taxation
Memberships, Organizations & Offices:
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors-accepted Member of the Nation's premier Fee-only Financial Planning organization.
- Financial Planning Association - member
- Nassau Academy of Law ("NAL"): Past Dean of the Nassau Academy of Law.
- Nassau County Bar Association ("NCBA"): Member, Past Chairperson of the Attorneys/Accountants Committee and Past Chairperson of the Tax Law Committee, appointed by the Honorable Frank A. Gulotta, Jr.
- New York State Bar Association ("NYSBA') Member, Past Chairperson of the Financial Planning Committee of the Elder Law Section and Past Member of the New York State House of Delegates.
Community, Articles & Pro Bono Activities:
- Monthly Guest speaker on Hofstra University's Bottom Line Benefit Talk show (WRHU 88.7 FM) & past guest on the Radio Talk show (WHPC, 90.3 FM) concerning various issues such as Retirement Planning & Retirement Income, Financial Planning, Charitable Planned Giving and Year-end Financial & Tax Planning.
- Lectured for the following financial and civic associations on various Retirement, Financial, Tax and Estate planning topics on numerous occasions, including but not limited to: Charles Schwab, Merrill Lynch, HSBC, MorganStanley (f/k/a Salomon SmithBarney), HSBC (f/k/a Republic National Bank), GreenPoint Bank, Mutual of New York Insurance, New York Life Insurance, MetLife Insurance, American Cancer Society, the New York State Society of CPAs, the New York State Bar Association, and the Nassau County Bar Association
- Printed in several publications, including Morningstar.com, Financial Planning Magazine, Long Island Business News, Nassau Lawyer, New York State Bar publication on various investment and financial planning topics.
Philip Capell is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Piermont Wealth Management Inc. is a Fee-only Financial Planning and Investment Management Firm with offices in Manhattan and Woodbury, New York. Our comprehensive Advisory Services educate you on what you have, what you need, and how to achieve your financial gols. Here's how
Are you too busy to study the financial markets? Are you too overwhelmed with investment options and complicated tax issues? Are you not getting the attention you deserve from your full commission broker? If so, we can help you.
At PIERMONT, we strongly believe that independent, fee-only (non-commission based) financial advisors provide you with the best solutions to your financial needs. It comes from our long standing philosophy of ethical, conflict free service and placing your needs first. With so many people calling themselves financial advisors these days, it is hard to know who you can trust. Whether an advisor is considered a financial consultant, financial planner or investment advisor, the title does not tell you about the advisor`s qualifications or method of compensation. Often, these advisors focus their recommendations around the products they can sell to you. We do not sell products, only our services.
At PIERMONT, we pride ourselves on our ability to financially educate you on what you have and what you need. You work through a process that includes many factors such as a review of your cash flow, current portfolio, and income tax situation. You receive various illustrations including statements that reflect your cash flow items, asset allocation, risk analysis, and more. You have access to our financial planning and investment management brochures, financial e-newsletter, free financial planning workshops, etc. This eye-opening experience allows you to take control of your assets, know where you are spending your money, and achieve your financial goals. Get financially educated!
At PIERMONT, we provide financial planning and investment management services. Financial planning can include goal setting, investment planning, tax advice, retirement planning, estate planning, and cash flow management. Investment management is the ongoing management of your investment portfolio including the development and implementation of a disciplined investment strategy. You can choose either of these types of services based upon your needs.
Finally, at PIERMONT, our firm's objectives are to develop lasting trust relationships. We work with you to develop, implement and monitor a customized, comprehensive financial plan. Your plan is created to satisfy your financial goals and obtain maximum after-tax returns in light of your risk tolerance.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Philip Capell is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Philip Capell is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Philip Capell is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Philip Capell
48 South Service Road
Melville, NY 11747
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017