Davis Financial Planning
Financial Planning Associate
Fee-Only financial planner located in Asheville, NC, serving clients locally and across the country
Rick Brown is a Asheville, NC fee-only financial planner. Davis Financial Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment strategies and tax planning to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Rick Brown is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Rick Brown joined Davis Financial Planning in 2016. After successful careers in education and social work, he decided to change careers and is working toward becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.Most recently, Rick dedicated the past 10 years to teaching all levels of high school mathematics, including AP Calculus, in both the public and private sectors. Rick attained his National Board Certification in 2010 and was a mentor to numerous student and new teachers. While teaching, he enjoyed incorporating financial literacy concepts into the classroom at an early age.
Rick enjoys living in Asheville and exploring all that the mountains have to offer in the form of hiking, mountain biking, and other adventures that involve his wife and two young children. He also coached tennis at the high school level for 6 years and enjoys playing in local tennis leagues. He loves the wonderful music, cuisine, and heritage of this great part of our country.
Rick attended Pepperdine University and earned his bachelor’s degree in business administration in 1995. He gained his teaching certificate in secondary mathematics education in 2006 through courses at the University of Minnesota and Western Carolina University. Rick is excited to be a part of and contribute to the Davis Financial Planning team!
Davis Financial Planning is a fee-only tax and financial planning firm based in beautiful downtown Asheville. We offer professional, independent, and objective tax and financial planning services without bias from outside compensation. The only compensation we receive is directly from our clients. We do not receive or accept commissions, referral fees, or third-party incentives.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Straight talk. We don’t sell any financial products nor do we receive any commissions. As fee-only financial advisors, our only compensation is what you pay for our professional advice. Our complete focus is on what is best for you.
- All-inclusive approach. Together we evaluate all aspects of your finances and design a strategy where each part works in harmony with the others. You’ll see that we pay a lot of attention to areas of your financial life that are often overlooked or ignored by other “financial planners.”
- Access. Life is constantly changing. For one annual retainer fee, you can meet with us or speak to us often as is necessary to help you accomplish your financial goals.
- Value for your money. We are committed to providing value that exceeds our fee. It’s a concept that is virtually non-existent in the financial planning profession. But doesn’t it make sense that your financial advisor should work to save you more than he charges you?
- The highest professional standards. We are committed to the Cambridge Pledge to Clients—your assurance of receiving the ethical and professional treatment you deserve.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Rick Brown is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Contact Rick Brown
111 Central Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801