Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC
Fee-Only Financial Planner Located in Orlando and serving clients nationwide
Ron Tamayo is a principal and founding member of the firm. He specializes in retirement planning, investment management and tax reduction strategies for corporate executives and business owners. He acquired his Certified Financial Planner™ certification in 1994 and has over 25 years of experience in financial planning and tax compliance.
Ron’s expertise in financial planning has been recognized by the Journal of Financial Planning, where he serves on their Editorial Review Board. He also served for two years as a member of the Journal’s Editorial Advisory Board.
Ron Tamayo is past Chairman and President of the Financial Planning Association of Central Florida and served as an Executive Committee member of the Central Florida Estate Planning Council. He is also a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, the nation’s leading organization of fee-only com-prehensive financial planning professionals.
Ron’s planning advice has been featured in various national and local media including Smart Money magazine, Florida Trend magazine, Morningstar, Winter Park/Maitland Observer and the Orlando Sentinel. He is also a two time recipient of the Five Star Wealth Manager Award.
Ron earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Orlando College and was an Adjunct Instructor of Financial Planning and Investments at the University of Central Florida. He is also an Enrolled Agent, the highest credential the Internal Revenue Service awards, giving him unlimited practice rights representing taxpayers before the IRS.
Ronald Tamayo is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
- We are caring. While we work on portfolios and other financial matters, we work for individuals and families.
- We are independent fiduciaries. We work for no one but our clients, and our legal obligations are to our clients’ interests first and foremost. We never “switch hats” to become sales people.
- We are objective. We may recommend, or not recommend, any investment from any source. We receive no compensation based upon the sale or purchase of any particular products. All products are evaluated based solely upon their merits or lack thereof and not on any compensation incentives.
- We are disciplined. We evaluate financial products, investment opportunities, and strategies with a healthy dose of skepticism that has often helped our clients improve their prospects for success by avoiding overlooked risks and unnecessary costs.
- We are investors, not speculators. We manage our clients’ investment portfolios but we do not “play the market,” try to time the market or otherwise gamble with our client’s money.
- We are proactive. We scour the economic, tax, and market environments to identify opportunities to shore up financial weaknesses without lessening strengths.
- We are realistic. We do not believe in following investment gurus. We consider the mainstream financial media as mostly a source of entertainment and not a meaningful aid to sound decision-making.
- We are well-qualified. Our team has six CFP® professionals working for you, and the resumes of our principals speak for themselves. Ron Tamayo is a member of the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Financial Planning. Charles Fitzgerald, III served as President of the FPA of Florida and Dan Moisand recently was national President and Chairman of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
- We are experienced. We have guided our clients through bubbles and busts, bull markets and bear markets, hype and hysteria, all while helping them make sound decisions regarding their retirement plans, taxes, education expenses, estate plans, trust management, risk management, stock options, health care needs and whatever else has arisen.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Ronald Tamayo is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Ronald Tamayo is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Ronald Tamayo is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Ronald Tamayo
200 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32801
6767 N. Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32940