CFP®, EA, MBA
Essential Financial Strategies
Fee-Only Financial Planner serving Orland Park, Palos Heights and the surrounding communites.
Rorik’s passion is helping folks proactively build their financial future. Rorik struggled with money worries as he faced retirement transition from the Army. Not trusting the advisors available to him overseas, he set about researching and studying to make his retirement financially stress free despite having a young family. In the process, Rorik developed his excitement for helping people with similar money worries. Now he shares that passion helping families quiet their money concerns and shape their future financial independence. Rorik enjoys helping hard working, proactive young families with school aged children.
Rorik holds an MBA with a specialization in Financial Planning from California Lutheran University. He holds the CFP® certification and has been admitted to practice before the Internal Revenue Service as an Enrolled Agent. He graduated from Florida Institute of Technology with a Bachelor’s degree and has Master’s Degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Rorik Larson is a member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
In his spare time Rorik enjoys working out and is active in his church. He is the first to admit his most important life role is as father to his school aged son.
Rorik Larson is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Essential Financial Strategies specializes in helping proactive working couples with school aged kids. Often in transition, they work with me to put their financial lives in order, relieve financial stress and create a path for kids’ education. These folks, overwhelmed with money choices and exhausted from work and school activities, contact us when they wonder…
- Do I save for retirement or my child’s education?Is a 529 plan right for me?
- How should I invest my 401K?
- What am I going to do in retirement?
- Can I worry less about money and enjoy life?
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Straight talk. Our complete focus is on what is best for you. We don’t sell any financial products nor do we receive any commissions. As fee-only financial advisors, our only compensation is what you pay for our professional advice.
- All-inclusive approach. Together we evaluate all aspects of your finances and design a strategy where each part works in harmony with the others. You’ll see that we pay a lot of attention to areas of your financial life that are often overlooked.
- Access. Life is constantly changing. For one annual retainer fee, you can meet with or speak to me often as is necessary to help you accomplish your financial goals.
- Value for your money. We are committed to providing value that exceeds our fee. Doesn’t it make sense that your financial advisor should work to save you more than he charges you?
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Tax Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Growing Families
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Novice Investors
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
- Coaching Like Process
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Rorik Larson is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Rorik Larson is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Rorik Larson is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Rorik Larson is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Rorik Larson
By Appointment Only:
Orland Park, IL
By Appointment Only:
Palos Heights, IL
By Appointment Only
S Harlem Ave
Palos Heights, IL 60463