ClearLogic Financial, Inc.
Fee-Only financial planner located in Reston, VA, serving clients locally and across the country
Meet Shawn Steel
Shawn is a CFP® practitioner and joined ClearLogic Financial, Inc. in February 2013 after several years of practicing law. As an attorney, Shawn worked in government and private practice settings covering maritime law and complex corporate litigation.
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning – Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Juris Doctorate – University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, MD
- Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude) – Elon College, Elon, NC
- Attorney – Complex litigation involving tax, securities, and anti-trust law
- Attorney-Advisor – U.S. Coast Guard
- Law Clerk – Maryland Attorney General’s Office
- Law Clerk – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- President – Green Ridge Home Owners Association (2012-2013)
- Volunteer Firefighter – Town of Elon Fire Department (1995-1998)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
Areas of Interest:
- Retirement planning
- Federal employee benefits
- Special needs planning
- Shawn lives with his wife and son in Fairfax, VA and enjoys gardening and hiking in his free time.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Shawn Steel is a NAPFA Associate Member
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Contact Shawn Steel
11107 Sunset Hills Rd
Reston, VA 20190