Next Gen Financial Planning
Fee-Only financial planner located in San Diego, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Steven Fox is the founder of Next Gen Financial Planning, a Registered Investment Advisor in the state of California providing comprehensive fee-only financial planning services for young professionals who want to learn how to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams. Steven is also the founder of the San Diego Financial Advisors Network, a member of both the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors and the XY Planning Network, and currently serves on the board of the San Diego chapter of the Financial Planning Association. Pro-bono efforts to give back include serving as Treasurer and Volunteer Coordinator for the non-profit Financial Independence Training, which provides financial education and individual counseling to active-duty military members.
Steven is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, and an Enrolled Agent.
Prior to starting Next Gen Financial Planning, Steven served over 8 years on active duty in the United States Marine Corps. After separating with an honorable discharge, he attended San Diego State University where he graduated with honors while earning a bachelors degree in financial services, a certificate in personal financial planning, and a minor in entrepreneurship. He has also held positions with several other financial planning firms.
Steven Fox is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Next Gen Financial Planning is a fee-only financial planning firm in San Diego, California, serving clients locally and also nationwide through virtual meetings. We specialize in helping high-earning professionals in their 20's-40's make better financial decisions, and teach them to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams.
We can help you answer the financial questions that you’ve been wondering about such as:
- What do I want my future to look like, and what role do my financial decisions play as I design my ideal life?
- I just had a baby, should I start saving for their college education? What’s the best way to do it?
- What’s the best way to balance paying down my debt while trying to save for the future?
- Should I refinance or consolidate my student loans? How do special student loan programs like PSLF, PAYE, and ICR work?
- I’m thinking about a major life change like getting married or starting a business. How does that affect my finances?
- It’s open enrollment time at my company and the options are overwhelming. How do I know which selections to make to maximize my employee benefits?
- I want to save for retirement, but how do I know how much I need to contribute or which funds to invest in?
- I haven’t looked at my life, auto, or home insurance policies since buying them several years ago. Do I have the right coverage for me, and am I paying too much?
- Do I need a will, trust, or other estate planning documents?
- I just received a big bonus at work! Should I invest it, pay down my mortgage, or finally take that Caribbean diving trip I’ve been itching for?
Once you realize that every decision is a financial decision, it changes the way that you approach planning for your future. We can help you orient your financial picture to align with your goals and values, and provide insight on how all of the puzzle pieces fit together.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Student Loans
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Cash Flow & Budgeting
- Young Professionals
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Active-duty Military and Veterans
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Steven Fox is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Steven Fox is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Steven Fox is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Steven Fox is an Enrolled Agent with the IRS (Learn More)
An enrolled agent is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
Steven Fox is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Contact Steven Fox
2305 Meade Ave
San Diego, CA 92116