Coats Financial Planning
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Louisville, KY and Serving Clients Nationwide
Stuart W. Coats is the founder and President of Coats Financial Planning, Inc. As a CFP® professional and NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor, Stuart is proud to provide unbiased financial advice to dozens of clients located in the Louisville area and all around the country.
Stuart spent a decade in key finance roles at two of the world’s most respected companies, General Electric Co. and Ford Motor Co., before following his true calling as a personal financial planner.
“For over 15 years,” says Stuart, “I have been privileged to put to work my own extensive finance experience and education to help folks sort through all the complexity in their financial lives -- to put their financial affairs in order and lay out clearly defined financial goals for the future. In addition, as a Fee-Only firm that accepts no commissions, I can be completely objective in my advice and recommendations. All potential conflicts of interest regarding compensation are removed. I work for no one but the client,” Stuart emphasizes.
In addition to more than 25 years of extensive experience as a finance professional, Stuart has two finance degrees – an MBA from Indiana University and a BBA from the University of Kentucky.
Stuart is a CFP® professional and a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor, having undergone a peer review of his financial planning work and accepted the strict code of ethics and fiduciary oath required by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), a nationally-acclaimed organization devoted to providing comprehensive Fee-Only financial planning with the highest level of ethical standards.
A native of Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Stuart resides in Louisville with his wife, Anna and daughter, Georgia.
Stuart Coats is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
A pioneering firm in Louisville offering financial planning and investment advice on a fee-only basis, after over 15 years in business, Coats Financial Planning, Inc. today serves clients in Kentucky, Indiana and a dozen other states and offers a staff of three dedicated and qualified financial advisors, all of whom are CFP® professionals. We provide an independent, objective review of your financial situation, and seek a long-term ongoing relationship to help you meet your financial goals.
We think our firm is unique and here are several of the primary reasons to partner with us:
- We put the interests of the client first in everything we do 100% of the time. No exceptions. Make sure any advisor you hire will put that pledge in writing (other than NAPFA firms, few will).
- We are financial planners first. For instance, we emphasize tax planning as a way we can add significant value for a client at most any stage in life. We bring solid knowledge and application of the tax code and an understanding of how the client tax situation is likely to change over time. We use this insight to help the client keep a higher percentage of their retirement assets over time rather than pay it out in taxes.
- For those approaching retirement or already there, we offer rare expertise at crafting a retirement strategy that pulls all your retirement resources into a cohesive plan that is tax-efficient, sustainable and optimal for what is likely a multi-decade retirement period.
- On the investment side, we focus on low cost, tax-efficient and highly transparent investments and we maintain a long-term focus without the folly of trying to time the markets.
We hope you will visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Stuart Coats is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Stuart Coats is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Stuart Coats
1303 Clear Springs Trace
Louisville, KY 40223-5631