CFP®, M.S. in Personal Financial Planning
OakTree Financial Planning
Fee-Only Financial Planner
Fee-only financial advisor serving engineers in Fort Collins, Colorado and across the country
Sunit Bhalla is a Fort Collins, CO fee-only financial planner. OakTree Financial Planning is a fee-only firm that provides financial planning and investment management for engineers and technology professionals. While most of our clients are located in Northern Colorado, including Fort Collins and Loveland, we work with clients nationwide.
Sunit Bhalla, CFP® is the principal at OakTree Financial Planning, a fee-only financial planning firm based in Fort Collins, Colorado. Sunit spent eighteen years working as an R&D project manager and software developer at Hewlett-Packard and Agilent Technologies prior to founding OakTree Financial Planning. Sunit is a Certified Financial Planner™ and received a Master of Science in Personal Financial Planning from the College for Financial Planning.
Sunit is currently serving on the national Board of Directors of NAPFA, an organization of fee-only, fiduciary financial planners. He is also serving on NAPFA’s Leadership Development Committee for the fourth year. Sunit previously was on NAPFA’s Education committee, and he led the Northern Colorado NAPFA Study Group from 2010 to 2018.
Sunit has spoken at national financial planning conferences more than ten times and has been widely quoted in the press, including in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Kiplinger's, and Morningstar Advisor. Visit our Presentations and Press pages on our website for more details.
Sunit enjoys spending time with his wife, Janea, and their three kids—Brady (14), Kaitlyn (13), and Tyson (11). Sunit and Janea are avid runners and have run the Colorado Marathon three times.
Serving Technology Professionals who want Comprehensive and Unbiased Advice
We specialize in building long-term relationships with our clients, and we work with clients only if we are the right financial planner for them.
We may be right for you if:
- You would value a comprehensive financial plan that includes retirement planning, investments, insurance, estate planning, and taxes.
- You would value having your portfolio professionally managed because you do not have the time, interest, or knowledge to manage it yourself.
- You are open to a long-term partnership with a financial planner. While you would be free to end our working relationship at any time, we prefer partnering with our clients for many years to help them manage their evolving financial circumstances.
- You work, or have worked, in the technology industry.
- You have high integrity, communicate well, and are fun to work with.
- You have over $1,000,000 of net worth (not including your home). While we do not have any hard asset minimums, we believe our services and fees are more appropriate for those who are, or will soon be, above this asset level
- You prefer a professional, yet relaxed, setting.
Sunit Bhalla is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Fee-Only Financial Planner for Engineers and Technology Professionals
OakTree Financial Planning provides financial planning and portfolio management for engineers and technology professionals. While most of our clients are located in Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado, we work with clients nationwide. Our goal is to alleviate our clients' financial anxieties so that they can focus their time and energy on more enjoyable aspects of their life.
OakTree Financial Planning is a fee-only firm, which means that all fees are fully disclosed and paid directly to us by our clients. We do not sell investments, insurance, or other products and we do not receive any commissions. We believe that this fee-only structure allows us to have a more collaborative relationship with our clients because it reduces the possible conflicts of interest.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Portfolio Management with a focus on diversified portfolios, low costs, and tax-efficiency
- Relaxed, but professional, environment
- No hidden fees
- In-person or virtual meetings
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Sunit Bhalla is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Sunit Bhalla is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Sunit Bhalla
155 E. Boardwalk
Fort Collins, CO 80525