MBA, EA, CFP®
Fee-Only, No-Robo: Real Planning For Real People℠. Proudly serving clients in the greater Sacramento area and across America - schedule a video meeting today! Please visit our website www.soesbefinancial.com for information on our services, process and transparent pricing.
Susan Soesbe is a Sacramento, CA fee-only financial planner. Soesbe Financial is a fee-only financial planning firm. We pay special attention to your individual needs, pride ourselves on delivering actionable results, and adhere to strict ethical guidelines. We don’t sell anything except our extensive professional expertise in the very complex area of financial planning. Our sole compensation comes directly from our clients, and that means we are free to provide fully unbiased advice for the best interest of our clients.
Susan Soesbe, principal at Soesbe Financial got her professional start right here in the Sacramento area when she obtained her MBA from UC Davis in Finance and Accounting, joining first Deloitte & Touche then Hewlett Packard. After many years in corporate finance, and wanting a more personal and hands-on professional environment, she joined Symphony Financial Planning in Davis at its inception in 2006. As an ideal resource for clients, she decisively helped to grow that small company into a solid Davis presence.
Susan combines a focus on client service and effective communication with advanced analytical skills to help clients move closer to their goals. As a Certified Financial Planner and IRS Enrolled Agent, she incorporates tax planning into comprehensive financial planning and investment management.
Susan’s passion for helping others align their goals with their finances is fueled by family experience. She spent many hours assisting her widowed grandmother with financial issues and investments, which left Susan with a clear sense of the need for planning and an awareness of the personal satisfaction she feels when helping others. She finds it especially gratifying to work with women experiencing a life transition, helping them make the informed decisions necessary to better their lives now and in the future.
Her commitment to support Sacramento's marginalized populace started back as a member of the original Lambda Players theater troupe; it has continued through the years via her ongoing support of local resources for those in need such as the Sacramento LGBT Community Center, the Gender Resource Center, WEAVE, and the Sacramento Safe Space for Unhomed Youth. She has been a proud member of the Rainbow Chamber for many years, and plans to continue for many more.
In her free time, Susan enjoys cycling, camping and hiking. Some of her favorite local camping excursions have included trips to the Serene Lakes region and the beautiful peace of the Gerle Creek area, and the cycling event she is most proud of completing is the California AIDS Ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
Susan Soesbe is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
With so many financial planners, investment managers, brokers and advisors available to you, why should you consider teaming up with Soesbe Financial?
1) Fee Only Financial Planning: We don’t sell anything except our extensive professional expertise in the very complex area of financial planning. We sell no products and we collect no commissions. Our sole compensation comes directly from our clients, and that means we are free to provide fully unbiased advice for the best interest of our clients.
2) Fiduciary Financial Planning: Soesbe Financial is a fiduciary financial planning firm. The fiduciary obligation consists of a legal duty of loyalty and care and includes:
- Acting in the best interest and utmost good faith of clients.
- Placing the client’s interests above their own.
- Refraining from personal securities transactions inconsistent with client interests.
- Providing full and fair disclosure of all material facts.
- Providing personalized, suitable investment advice.
- Seeking the best execution of a client’s transactions.
- Providing financial advice and monitoring of client accounts where applicable.
Commissioned advisers and brokers are not bound by the strict fiduciary duty parameters, and instead are held to a much looser standard, that of ‘suitability’. The suitability standard states that a commisioned adviser has to merely believe that the product they are selling is suitable for the client.
3) No-Robo Financial Planning: You are most likely already familiar with the simplest form of robo-planning, the online Retirement Calculator (for example, the one available from the AARP website). Many financial advisors use impersonal, limited robo-planning computer programs to set up your investment management account. Robo planners are not focused on creating the best-tailored financial plan for you as an individual; a robo-advisor’s primary aim is to gather assets.
Robo-planning focuses only on your investments, not on delivering customized advice like whether you should buy instead of rent or how to seriously prepare for the comfortable retirement you want.
4) Personal Service Financial Advice: At Soesbe Financial, we deliberately foster and nurture a personal, one-on-one relationship with our clients. We seek to gain an in-depth understanding of the unique individual needs of the client, and work with them, as a team, to align their finances with their personal goals.
Our clients are not numbers or dollars: they are unique individuals with unique needs. And we never lose sight of that simple fact. Our clients often say that we’ve helped them to change their lives for the better. We’re pretty happy about that.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Focused Financial Advice
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Women in Life Transitions
- Sudden Money Situations
- Business Owners and Executives
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Get Acquainted Meeting
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Susan Soesbe is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Susan Soesbe is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Susan Soesbe is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Susan Soesbe is an Enrolled Agent (EA) with the IRS
An enrolled agent is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
Susan Soesbe is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Susan Soesbe
5250 Elvas Ave
Sacramento, CA 95819