Coats Financial Planning
Senior Financial Planner
Coats Financial Planning
Senior Financial Planner
As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Teresa Christensen, CFP®
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Louisville, KY and Serving Clients Nationwide
Teresa Christensen is a Louisville, KY fee-only financial advisor serving clients locally and across the country. Coats Financial Planning provides retirement planning, tax planning, and investment management to help professionals, pre-retirees and retirees organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Teresa Christensen is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Teri Christensen, a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner, shares the belief that financial planning isn’t just for the wealthy. People in all stages of life and income levels can benefit from objective advice from a Fee-Only financial planner. As part of Coats Financial Planning, Teri establishes a fiduciary relationship with each client.
Teri’s personal experience with the value of Fee-Only financial planning after the birth of her first son encouraged her to follow her desire to serve others as a personal financial planner. She was pleased to be able to rejoin Coats Financial Planning as a Financial Planner after passing the Certified Financial Planner™ exam in July 2010.
“My husband and I were facing an entirely new financial situation with a dependent and one income when I opted to stay home after my first son was born. While financially educated, I was aware that I did not have all of the tools I needed to adequately prepare our family for our future.”
During the last twelve years Teri, through her family, has experienced many of the issues facing clients today, including career change, retirement, the institutionalization and death of a parent due to Alzheimer’s, and children attending college.
“While the CFP® education process gave me the tools to analyze the ‘black and white’, my family history allows me to understand the non-logical, emotional aspects of financial decisions facing clients.”
Teri, a native of Louisville, has lived in multiple states and Germany as a result of her father’s military career. She holds a Finance degree and an MBA from the University of Louisville.
Teresa Christensen is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Coats Financial Planning, Inc. is a pioneering firm in Louisville, offering financial planning and investment advice on a Fee-Only basis for over two decades. Today we serve clients in Kentucky, Indiana, Florida and a dozen other states and we offer a staff of five dedicated and qualified financial advisors, all of whom are CFP® professionals. We provide an independent, objective review of your financial situation, and seek a long-term ongoing relationship to help you meet your financial goals. Our client relationships are deep and are conducted exclusively on an ongoing retainer basis.
We think our firm is unique and here are several of the primary reasons to partner with us:
- We put the interests of the client first in everything we do 100% of the time. No exceptions. Make sure any advisor you hire will put that pledge in writing (other than NAPFA firms, few will).
- We are financial planners first. For instance, we emphasize tax planning as a way we can add significant value for a client at most any stage in life. We bring solid knowledge and application of the tax code and an understanding of how the client tax situation is likely to change over time. We use this insight to help the client keep a higher percentage of their retirement assets over time rather than pay it out in taxes.
- For those approaching retirement or already there, we offer rare expertise at crafting a retirement strategy that pulls all your retirement resources into a cohesive plan that is tax-efficient, sustainable and optimal for what is likely a multi-decade retirement period.
- On the investment side, we focus on low cost, tax-efficient and highly transparent investments and we maintain a long-term focus without the folly of trying to time the markets.
We hope you will visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Teresa Christensen is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Teresa Christensen is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Teresa Christensen
1303 Clear Springs Trace
Louisville, KY 40223