Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC
As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Tommy Lucas, CFP®, EA
Fee-Only financial planner located in Orlando, FL, serving clients locally and across the country
Tommy is an Orlando, FL fee-only financial planner. Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning to help Baby Boomers, Gen X, corporate executives and business owners organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transition. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Tommy is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Tommy Lucas is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional who has been with the firm since 2015. He is also an Enrolled Agent, the highest credential the Internal Revenue Service awards, giving him unlimited practice rights representing taxpayers before the IRS. Tommy plays an integral part in developing financial plans and retirement models as well as preparing tax returns and year-end tax projections for clients. His planning and tax advice has been featured in CNBC and the Orlando Sentinel’s “Ask an Expert” column. Tommy is a happily married father of three boys.
Tommy Lucas is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
We can’t know what the future holds, but preparing a sound financial plan can help to ensure you will be ready for whatever lies ahead. Uncertainty in the financial markets makes having an advocate for your family’s unique interests even more essential. In a world where conflicts of interest and poor strategies abound, we have created a sanctuary offering stability and a reliable source of truly independent, objective advice for families.
- We are caring. While we work on portfolios and other financial matters, we work for individuals and families.
- We are independent fiduciaries. We work for no one but our clients, and our legal obligations are to our clients’ interests first and foremost. We never “switch hats” to become sales people.
- We are objective. We may recommend, or not recommend, any investment from any source. We receive no compensation based upon the sale or purchase of any particular products. All products are evaluated based solely upon their merits or lack thereof and not on any compensation incentives.
- We are disciplined. We evaluate financial products, investment opportunities, and strategies with a healthy dose of skepticism that has often helped our clients improve their prospects for success by avoiding overlooked risks and unnecessary costs.
- We are investors, not speculators. We manage our clients’ investment portfolios but we do not “play the market,” try to time the market or otherwise gamble with our client’s money.
- We are proactive. We scour the economic, tax, and market environments to identify opportunities to shore up financial weaknesses without lessening strengths.
- We are realistic. We do not believe in following investment gurus. We consider the mainstream financial media as mostly a source of entertainment and not a meaningful aid to sound decision-making.
- We are well-qualified. Our team has six CFP® professionals working for you, and the resumes of our principals speak for themselves. Ron Tamayo is a member of the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Financial Planning. Charles Fitzgerald, III served as President of the FPA of Florida and Dan Moisand recently was national President and Chairman of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
- We are experienced. We have guided our clients through bubbles and busts, bull markets and bear markets, hype and hysteria, all while helping them make sound decisions regarding their retirement plans, taxes, education expenses, estate plans, trust management, risk management, stock options, health care needs and whatever else has arisen.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Business Owners and Executives
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Thomas Lucas is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Thomas Lucas is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Thomas Lucas is an Enrolled Agent (EA) with the IRS
An enrolled agent is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
Thomas Lucas is Quoted in MarketWatch: "Jamie Dimon now says a recession is likely in the next 6-9 months — but here’s exactly how many Americans say they are ‘unprepared’ for one"
Thomas Lucas Provides Financial Answers for The Orlando Sentinel Ask an Expert
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on CNBC: "As tuition continues to climb, these are the top tax breaks for college expenses"
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on CNBC: "Despite stock market losses, investors may get year-end mutual fund payouts. That can trigger a surprise tax bill."
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on Yahoo Finance: "Your Tax Refund Might Be Smaller This Year — Here's Why, According to Experts"
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on CNBC: "SMART TAX PLANNING ‘You definitely don’t want to be guessing this year.’ Here’s how to access IRS transcripts that can help avoid delays"
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on NPR: "What you should know when filing your taxes this year?"
Thomas Lucas is Featured on the Wellbeing Network Presenting: Taxes 101 – Why Your Taxes Shouldn’t Be Taxing On You"
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on KOMANDO.COM: "Be careful how you answer that cryptocurrency question on your tax return"
Thomas Lucas is Quoted on Good Word News: "Are You Earning Too Much For Student Loan Forgiveness? Here’s what you need to know"
Thomas Lucas is a Senior Financial Advisor at For CRE Brokers, Financial Planning for Commercial Real Estate Brokers
Contact Tommy Lucas
200 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
401 E. Jackson Street
Tampa, FL 33602