Your Financial Pharmacist
Fee-Only Financial Planner located in Baltimore, MD and serving young professionals and pharmacists across the country using virtual meeting technology.
Tim Baker is a Baltimore, MD fee-only financial planner serving clients locally and across the country using virtual meeting technology. Script Financial provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to help young professionals, like pharmacists, organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Tim Baker is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
I grew up in the great state of New Jersey (seriously). We’re known for our delicious tomatoes (look it up), the show “Jersey Shore” (I’ve never seen it and don’t expect any fist pumps from me) and greats like Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Tony Soprano and Tim Baker, CFP®. After graduating high school, I attended the United States Military Academy majoring in International Relations and branching Armor. After having a cup of coffee in the Army (thanks medical board :/), I started a career in logistics for a major retailer and then a construction company in OH and CA, respectively. I enjoyed logistics, but left that career because I wanted something more. After months of deliberation, I narrowed it down to financial planner, police officer or personal trainer. Very different, huh? I guess the common denominator is that I wanted to be in a profession where I felt like I was actively helping people.
So, that is what I did. I moved to Baltimore, MD and joined a small independent firm and learned all I could about the business, earning the necessary licenses and certifications to begin assisting clients meet their financial goals. To me, there is no better satisfaction than hearing a client say they are relieved they have a plan in place. Launching Script Financial (later renamed Your Financial Pharmacist) is a dream for me because I can brand and build a firm that is tailored to meet the needs of my clients. As someone who has worked in other industries, I know what it’s like to be clueless when picking out your 401(k) investments (I seriously bought Investing for Dummies…this is a sad, sad fact), or feel uneasy when purchasing a home (and feeling like you’re signing your life away!). Money can be a stressor, but it doesn’t have to be.
Let’s plan together!
Tim Baker is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
A FEE-ONLY FINANCIAL PLANNING FIRM
Nobody likes solutions that are out of a can. Your financial plan will be tailored to meet your needs.
Since financial planning is very much a fluid process, we’ll adjust your plan as we go.
Like they say, a goal without a plan is a wish.
- Fee-Only: This means I earn no commissions on products I sell and that my compensation only comes from you. See you later, conflicts of interest!
- Fiduciary Standard: I am legally obligated to do what is your best interest all the time. That feels like a warm blanket to me.
- Focus on Generation X and Y: Younger generations have different financial challenges. That is where my expertise lies.
- Virtual Firm: People move around a lot these days for a lot of reasons. That doesn’t mean you need to find another planner. If you have an internet connection, we can work!
- Network of Professionals: I have access to a plethora of financial pros, including other planners, CPAs and estate attorneys.
- Technology Driven: Tech, if used appropriately, can make life much easier. The centerpiece of our technology is your badass Legend Portal. It looks great on your smartphone too, which means it’ll never leave your side (if you’re like me).
- Consistent Coaching: This is probably the most undervalued aspect of my job…keeping you honest and ensuring we achieve your goals!
- Emphasis On Educating: I provide the tools and knowledge you need to be financially literate. After all, knowing is half the battle.
- Tailored Plans: Your plan will be built for you…no one else. You are a snowflake.
- Tailored Pricing Model: Your pricing is unique to you and the complexity of your financial situation.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Student Loan Analysis
- Organization & Budgeting
- Investment Management
- Tax Prep & Planning
- College Education Planning
- Pharmacy Residents & Fellows
- Pharmacy Students
- Young Professionals
- Growing Families
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
- Education Focused
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Tim Baker is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Tim Baker is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Tim Baker is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Contact Tim Baker
402 E Fort Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230