Your Financial Pharmacist
Fee-Only Financial Planner located in Baltimore, MD and serving young professionals and pharmacists across the country using virtual meeting technology.
Tim Baker is a Baltimore, MD fee-only financial planner serving clients locally and across the country using virtual meeting technology. Script Financial provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to help young professionals, like pharmacists, organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Tim Baker is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Your Financial Pharmacist was started in 2015 with a primary mission to help pharmacy professionals on their path towards achieving financial freedom.
Through his experience of paying off $200,000 in debt, Tim Ulbrich, PharmD (YFP CEO) quickly learned that many pharmacists were struggling with mounds of student loan debt and a feeling of being overwhelmed and living paycheck-to-paycheck despite having a six-figure income. This led him to create the Your Financial Pharmacist blog in 2015 to encourage a community of pharmacists and pharmacy students to live a life free of financial stressors.
In 2017, Tim teamed up with Tim Church PharmD (YFP CMO), to co-author Seven Figure Pharmacist: How to Maximize Your Income, Eliminate Debt and Create Wealth and he then eventually joined the team. Around that time, Tim Ulbrich met Tim Baker, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (YFP COO…that’s me!), who had been serving pharmacists by providing fee-only financial planning services. Together they created the Your Financial Pharmacist Podcast in July 2017, which now has over a quarter-million downloads.
In 2019, all three Tims joined forces merging the blog, podcast, book and financial planning firm under the Your Financial Pharmacist brand. The Tims also speak to pharmacy school and organization across the country and YFP is a strategic partner with the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).
Tim Baker is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
A FEE-ONLY FINANCIAL PLANNING FIRM
Nobody likes solutions that are out of a can. Your financial plan will be tailored to meet your needs.
Since financial planning is very much a fluid process, we’ll adjust your plan as we go.
Like they say, a goal without a plan is a wish.
- Fee-Only: This means I earn no commissions on products I sell and that my compensation only comes from you. See you later, conflicts of interest!
- Fiduciary Standard: I am legally obligated to do what is your best interest all the time. That feels like a warm blanket to me.
- Focus on Generation X and Y: Younger generations have different financial challenges. That is where my expertise lies.
- Virtual Firm: People move around a lot these days for a lot of reasons. That doesn’t mean you need to find another planner. If you have an internet connection, we can work!
- Network of Professionals: I have access to a plethora of financial pros, including other planners, CPAs and estate attorneys.
- Technology Driven: Tech, if used appropriately, can make life much easier. The centerpiece of our technology is your badass Legend Portal. It looks great on your smartphone too, which means it’ll never leave your side (if you’re like me).
- Consistent Coaching: This is probably the most undervalued aspect of my job…keeping you honest and ensuring we achieve your goals!
- Emphasis On Educating: I provide the tools and knowledge you need to be financially literate. After all, knowing is half the battle.
- Tailored Plans: Your plan will be built for you…no one else. You are a snowflake.
- Tailored Pricing Model: Your pricing is unique to you and the complexity of your financial situation.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Student Loan Analysis
- Organization & Budgeting
- Investment Management
- Tax Prep & Planning
- College Education Planning
- Pharmacy Residents & Fellows
- Pharmacy Students
- Young Professionals
- Growing Families
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
- Education Focused
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Tim Baker is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Tim Baker is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Tim Baker is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Contact Tim Baker
402 E Fort Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230