Retirement Income Solutions, Inc.
Retirement Income Solutions, Inc.
As a fee-only financial advisor, my focus is to offer unbiased financial management to help you achieve your life goals. - Todd Kephart, CFP®, MBA
Fee-Only financial advisor located in Ann Arbor, MI, serving clients locally and across the country
Todd Kephart is an Ann Arbor, MI fee-only financial planner. Retirement Income Solutions, Inc. provides wealth management and comprehensive financial planning to help families and individuals organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Todd Kephart is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Todd Kephart is a Managing Partner at Retirement Income Solutions (RIS), where he and his partners lead an advisory team in managing the firm’s $2B assets under management and helping 1,200 families prepare for and financially manage through retirement. Todd joined RIS from TIAA-CREF and he enjoys creating portfolios for clients that allow them to live out their goals. He’s also a big believer in Albert Einstein’s insight that “compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe.”
When he’s not working, Todd enjoys time with family and friends, travelling, reading, and watching the sunset over Lake Michigan. He also regularly gives back to his community, and was awarded the Distinguished Service Award by the Rotary Club of Ann Arbor in 2020. His favorite place in Ann Arbor is the Huron River where he fly-fishes and kayaks with his family
- 1992, BS, Lehigh University, Accounting
- 2003, MBA, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- 2005, College for Financial Planning, Chartered Retirement Planning Consultant (CRPC)
- 1999, College for Financial Planning, Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- 1999, College for Financial Planning, Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC)
- 1997-1998, American College, Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Board Secretay, Ann Arbor Safe House (2017-present)
- Committee Chair, Ann Arbor Rotary Annual Food Drive
- Board Member of the Ann Arbor Rotary Club (2013-2014)
- Endowment (2016-present)
- Chair of the Board of the Arbor Hospice Foundation (2013-2014), Board Member (2010-2015)
- Trustee of Cleary University, Vice-Chair Washtenaw County (2010-2013)
- Board Member, MidWest Financial Credit Union (2005-2010)
- 2009-2012 Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Retirement Income Solutions, Inc.
- 1995-2009, TIAA-CREF
- 1994-1995, American Century
- 1992-1993, SEI Investments
Todd Kephart is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Retirement Income Solutions has been serving the greater Ann Arbor community since 1982. We are independent, objective, and unbiased in our financial advice, and we develop investment strategies that are uniquely suited to each client. We believe that a key element in our efforts to grow your investments over time is to take forward-looking actions that are focused on future expectations, not recent history.
Independent Financial Advisor
As a fee-only, independent financial advisory firm, we do not work for a major money manager, bank, insurance company or brokerage firm. We work only for you. That’s why we have the freedom to make decisions that truly put your best interests first. Learn about the advantages of working with us.
With our knowledge, experience and investment acumen, we offer a unique approach to managing your family’s finances – growing and protecting your wealth. Our approach to investing is data-driven and encompasses a range of considerations, such as seasonal trend, presidential election cycles and other indicators, and could provide the proactive solution you’re looking for. We do not guarantee results, but believe our approach provides an advantage over simple buy and hold investing.
TIAA-CREF & Fidelity Management
As an independent investment advisory, and through our relationship with TIAA-CREF and Fidelity, we have the ability to actively manage your university investments on your behalf. While employees of TIAA-CREF and Fidelity can discuss plans and investment options with you, they cannot act independently, comprehensively, or proactively on your behalf. But the Retirement Income Solutions team can.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Todd Kephart is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Todd Kephart is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Todd Kephart is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Todd Kephart Serves as Secretary to the SafeHouse Board of Directors
Todd Kephart Serves as the Committee Chair for the Annual Ann Arbor Rotary Food Drive
Todd Kephart is Quoted in The Eastern Echo: "Rotary Club of Ann Arbor and Food Gatherers partner to fight food insecurity"
Todd Kephart is Quoted in The University Record: "TIAA-CREF brings help to campus"
Todd Kephart is Quoted in The Michigan Daily: "‘U’ faculty retirement funds weathering storm"
Contact Todd Kephart
2301 Platt Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104