CFP®, CDFA®, MBA, MSPFP, CLU®, ChFC®
Keffer Financial Planning
Fee-Only financial planner located in Oak Park, IL, serving clients locally and across the country
William Keffer is a Wheaton, IL fee-only financial planner. Keffer Financial Planning provides comprehensive and objective financial planning to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, William Keffer is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Bill Keffer’s Unique Philosophy:
“I believe completely in the importance of thorough financial planning and in the value of the hourly, as-needed fee-only way of providing financial advice to consumers. Everyone deserves access to the clarity, direction and motivation that a well-crafted financial plan provides. They should also be able to access and pay for that advice when and to the extent they feel they need it.”
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®)
- BA, English, Dickinson College
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, St. Joseph’s University
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU™) , The American College
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC™), The American College
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™)
- USLIFE/AIG American General: Senior Vice President (1976-2002)
- North American Company for Life & Health: Vice President (2002-2004)
- Citigroup Smith Barney: Financial Advisor (2005-2007)
- American Health and Life: Director of Financial Institution sales (1984-1985)
- Garrett Planning Network- international affiliation of fee-only advisors dedicated to serving people from all walks of life
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) - nationwide network of fee-only financial advisors dedicated to raising awareness regarding fiduciary standards
- Financial Planning Association -Member
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois - Fellow, Chairman- Marketing Committee
- DuPage County Estate Planning Council
William Keffer is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Providing clarity, direction and motivation
to a discerning clientele through hourly, as-needed fee-only advice
- Comprehensive financial planning
- Financial analysis
- Retirement planning
- Early retirement assessment
- Investment planning and asset allocation
- College funding advice
- Employee benefit and 401(k) evaluation
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance analysis
- Tax reduction strategies
- Estate planning advice
- Low-cost 401(k) plans for business owners & professionals
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
William Keffer is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
William Keffer is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
William Keffer is a member of the Garrett Planning Network. Click here to learn more.
Everyone needs competent, objective financial advice from time to time. The Garrett Planning Network has a nationwide membership with hundreds of independent, Fee-Only financial planners providing advice to people from all walks of life, without minimum account requirements, sales commissions, or long-term commitments. Our members proudly embrace their fiduciary duty, always placing their clients' best interests first.
William Keffer is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®)
A CDFA® professional is a financial professional skilled at analyzing data and providing expertise on the financial issues of divorce. The role of the CDFA® professional is to assist the client and his or her attorney to understand how the decisions he or she makes today will impact the client’s financial future. A CDFA® can take on many roles in the divorce process: Financial Expertise and Strategy, Data Collection and Analysis, Expert Presenter and Litigation Support. In some cases, CDFA® professionals are called upon to act as expert witnesses in court or in mediation proceedings.
William Keffer is a Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
A Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) is a professional designation for individuals specializing in life insurance and estate planning. Individuals must complete five core courses and three elective courses, and successfully pass all eight two-hour, 100-question examinations in order to receive the CLU® designation.
William Keffer is a Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
Chartered Financial Consultant® designations are granted upon completion of seven required courses and two elective courses. Those who earn the designation are understood to be knowledgeable in financial matters and to have the ability to provide sound advice.
William Keffer holds a Master's in Personal Financial Planning (MSPFP)
The Master of Science Degree Program in Personal Financial Planning from the College for Financial Planning offers financial planners an opportunity to expand their knowledge beyond typical credentials. The curriculum is based on a client-centered, problem-solving method using case studies to provide a hands-on approach to the material. Planners may either choose a traditional pathway or a client psychology and communication pathway. Regardless of the path, degree earners have successfully completed 30 semester credits.
Contact William Keffer
1011 Lake Street
Oak Park, IL 60301
511 West Wesley Street
Wheaton, IL 60187