CFP®, ChFC®, MST
Mallard Advisors, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in Hockessin, DE, serving clients locally and across the country
William Starnes is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
1. Comprehensive Advice - We are comprehensive wealth managers. That is who we are and what we do. We are not just money managers, tax preparers, or retirement planners. We integrate all of the areas of your financial life, allowing you to see how each financial decision you make affects other areas of your finances. Comprehensive advice addresses:
- Financial Security
- Investment Management
- Income Tax Preparation
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Tax & Financial Planning
- Cash-Flow Management
2. The Highest Standards - First, we are Fee-Only advisors. This means we are only paid by our clients (and never receive compensation/commissions from any outside company), and are therefore able to recommend only those solutions that we believe help our clients. We believe that if an advisor is paid by someone other than their client, this creates a potentially large conflict of interest.
Second, we are "fiduciaries" to our clients. This means we are required to act in the best interest of our clients. We would not have it any other way. Always require your advisor to act in a fiduciary capacity at all times - and get this in writing.
3. Experienced & Credentialed - We have over 15 years experience providing comprehensive, personal, financial advice on a Fee-Only basis. This is quite different from someone who has many years of experience selling financial products. Bill has his Masters Degree in Taxation, and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
William Starnes is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
William Starnes is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
William Starnes is a Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP) is the community of tax-focused financial planners that operate under the retainer model. Passionately dedicated to superb client service, ACP planners’ only source of income is client retainer fees – not commissions. With an ACP planner, you can be confident you’re getting experience, knowledge, research, and most importantly, advice that is tailored just for you.
Contact William Starnes
7234 Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707