Coats Financial Planning
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Louisville, KY and Serving Clients Nationwide
Zack Clark joined the firm in the summer of 2010, becoming the firm’s first employee and later became the firm’s second Certified Financial Planner™. He was exposed to financial planning informally at a very young age and groomed through his education and work experience to be an advisor.
“As a child, I was exposed to finances through my parents and grandparents. My grandparents who watched me while my parents worked would cart me to the bank, the CPA, and the attorney’s office. I was taught about the financial markets before I was even in my teens. This blossomed into a love of all things technical and analytical.”
While many clients come to us for our technical expertise over our subject matter, Zack believes that our value proposition delves much deeper than that.
“Later in life I witnessed my parents retiring and grandparents passing away. These more emotionally infused events taught me there is so much more to planning than calculating internal rates of return or effective tax rates. They taught me that at the end of the day, money is merely a tool to achieve our goals – a means to an end. I also learned that sometimes managing emotions can be more difficult than any analysis I could ever do. That is another key value that I bring to the table beyond my technical expertise – a truly objective and emotionally removed opinion geared toward my clients’ interests 100% of the time. This part of my value proposition is realized over years or decades, rather than on a monthly statement.”
Zack holds a business degree from the University of Louisville where he studied Finance and Economics. He completed the Accelerated Executive Certificate in Financial Planning through Bellarmine University and officially became a CFP® in February 2013. Zack is also a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor. A native of Owensboro, KY, Zack now resides in Louisville with his wife Courtney. Zack enjoys all things outdoors and spends much of his spare time golfing, bow hunting, or working at his farm in Southern Indiana.
Zachary Clark is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
A pioneering firm in Louisville offering financial planning and investment advice on a fee-only basis, after over 15 years in business, Coats Financial Planning, Inc. today serves clients in Kentucky, Indiana and a dozen other states and offers a staff of three dedicated and qualified financial advisors, all of whom are CFP® professionals. We provide an independent, objective review of your financial situation, and seek a long-term ongoing relationship to help you meet your financial goals.
We think our firm is unique and here are several of the primary reasons to partner with us:
- We put the interests of the client first in everything we do 100% of the time. No exceptions. Make sure any advisor you hire will put that pledge in writing (other than NAPFA firms, few will).
- We are financial planners first. For instance, we emphasize tax planning as a way we can add significant value for a client at most any stage in life. We bring solid knowledge and application of the tax code and an understanding of how the client tax situation is likely to change over time. We use this insight to help the client keep a higher percentage of their retirement assets over time rather than pay it out in taxes.
- For those approaching retirement or already there, we offer rare expertise at crafting a retirement strategy that pulls all your retirement resources into a cohesive plan that is tax-efficient, sustainable and optimal for what is likely a multi-decade retirement period.
- On the investment side, we focus on low cost, tax-efficient and highly transparent investments and we maintain a long-term focus without the folly of trying to time the markets.
We hope you will visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Zachary Clark is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Zachary Clark is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Zachary Clark
1303 Clear Springs Trace
Louisville, KY 40223